Thread: AVG update popups UAC warning for modification

AVG update popups UAC warning for modification

On my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit desktop PC in the company of AVG Free 10.0.1325, Windows is flashing the User Account Control popup that articulate AVG needs to modify something on my computer. Presumably an update. The AVG folks say this should be fine as it is happening because some components of 10.0.1325 may not be installed. Please share your ideas with me. I am sure that someone will help me to solve this issue thank you.

Re: AVG update popups UAC warning for modification

Hello I am facing similar kind of issue. I can't recollect increasingly receiving this Windows popup earlier than for AVG; and I previously have AVG Free 10.0.1325 which I believe is up to date and AVG articulate that I am completely active and up-to-date. I have seen some reports that are alarming as they indicate this update procedure. Can bomb the Windows 7 system so it won't reboot and may install LinkScanner automatically (which I don't want). And what should I do?

I don't have AVG 2011 installed on either a Vista or Windows 7 computer so I can't be too specific about this. I do, however, have it installed on a Windows XP SP3 machine and today it downloaded and installed (in the background) and update/upgrade that required a restart. It threw up a dialog box that asked if I wanted to restart now or later. After the restart AVG showed its version as 10.0.1375 which is a bit higher than what you report as current.

This is on a Windows XP machine so, as they say, your mileage may vary. I'm guessing this thing is kosher and won't mess with your preferences. It didn't mess with mine. However, if you're truly concerned you might want to ask about this on the AVG Free forum. I hope this will help you to solve your confusion. If you still want to know more about it then I will suggest you to go on avg site and I am sure they will guide you in proper way thank you.

I don't utilize AVG but just this evening was looking at a client machine in the company of AVG 2011 installed and that program required to a most important update to the program itself. You are almost certainly getting the UAC prompt for the reason that it is an update on the way to program files instead of presently the additional usual virus definition update. This is what I think about it. I hope you will solve your issue as soon as possible if you find any other solution then please share your ideas with us thank you.

Hello guys thank you all of you for your reply. I was concerned because past AVG program updates did not invoke the UAC popup so what is going on with this one. As it turns out, the referenced update proceeded this morning on my PC without invoking the UAC popup this time and everything appears to have gone fine. Who knows why the UAC popup has been popping up the past few days but not today? Please if you guys have any other solution then share it with me thank you.