Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2011

Getting drop into the incoming connection from domain

Well I let you know that I am looking for iptables incantation which would allow to all the connection attempts from the IP addresses into the given domain. Let me know whether it is possible for the specified domain. Any help to get the requirement of mine would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 05-07-2011

Re: Getting drop into the incoming connection from domain

Looking at the situation I wanted to know what do you mean by IP address which has been given by the domain? If you are looking for the reverse DNS which has been given into the domain and it is difficult to implement. The iPtables rules are implemented by the kernel and kernel would not be able to know about the DNS. You have to use something like queue packets and simply perform the reverse DND resolution and the user end.
Old 05-07-2011

In order to implement the matching on the IP tables you have to use the following command.
Code:
iptables -A INPUT -s 192.168.0.0/16 -j DROP
if you are having the arbitry range you have to use the following command
Code:
iptables -A INPUT -m iprange --src-range 192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255 \
-j DROP
So try the same and let me know whether it was working or not.
Old 05-07-2011

Well if you are making conversation with the any of the DNS list which are indication that the thing would not work for you. I think it would be rare and you will have the PTR record into the DNS at very first place. It seems to be giving the resistance so that we can add the IPv6. So you have to resolve all the issue which you are getting while implementing IPv6 on the server of yours.
Old 05-07-2011

If you are looking for the thing which you have mentioned over here where you can done with matching of the IP addresses on the server or iptables. It could be possible that the iptables can discard packets from the given IP address from the iptables. If there is match with the IP address with the iptables then it would be simply discarded. So I think you have figure out the thing which I have mentioned over here.
Old 06-07-2011

Let me know whether you have resolved the issue after using the above mentioned issue. If there is no change in the situation then I recommend that you should contact the technical support team for further help. You should tell them about the problem which you are getting. They would tell you about the possible solution after understanding the problem of yours which you are getting.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,