Thread: How to install Sitecom Gaming Router

How to install Sitecom Gaming Router

First I have to acknowledge that I have extremely small knowledge regarding networks. I live on a joint house and I contain talk talk broadband router in the company of ADSL+2 that help me to connect to the internet. Basically internet speed is not fast. I compensate money for a gaming router Sitecom WL-309, which comprise a power supply, dual antennas and a blue wire WAN. Please share your ideas regarding it. All replies are appreciated thank you.

Re: How to install Sitecom Gaming Router

Hello guys I am having same question. I read the manual how to install it, but I realized I did not have a suitable modem to connect and talk to my router has not including WAN port and the blue WAN wire does not fit within the most important socket. The router is connected to the mains socket talk through a cable that fits in making ADSL 2 on the router, what is missing in my Sitecom WL-309. My question is very simple and really appreciates some help.

The 'master socket' is your ID card or a phone line jack and the cable that goes to what is probably the RJ11, which is the standard phone wiring in the house each day. WAN, through blue wire is in point of fact Ethernet cable - almost certainly CAT5 (e), which is not, certainly, fits the standard NID, if that's the case, the cables look comparable, however CAT5 (e) the end is a modest broader standards networks. The anticipated arrangements Talk Talk - you are able to recognize a model number, possibly? And do you be acquainted with if it's a combo router / modem or modem unaccompanied?

I have completely no idea regarding networking. Just twist the complete connection demanding to connect the WL-309 to my additional router through goes after the information present on a one website. I pay money for the WL-309, for the reason that I would approximating to maximize my connection and Stream technology that prioritizes gaming traffic is essential to me within a shared house where 4 people downloading and streaming. The router I at this time utilize a huawei EchoLife hg521, as latest hg532 I was through this morning is not functioning to any further extent subsequent to trying to stupidly setup my Sitecom router.

I looked up the model HG521 and appear to be a modem / router combo. Nevertheless, it has wired ports, and apart from for the port to connect a computer or a resulting router. At the moment I am not familiar through the internal configuration of the HG521, however I will have to discover an approach to turn off the wireless competence of the HG521 and just utilize this device as an effortless modem / internet gateway. Not would like to cause conflict within a technical sense.

Ordinarily, the final task of the game: the Ethernet cable required to join the WAN port of the modem on the way to the WL-309 WAN port. Its WL-309 has to be configured in favor of DHCP to assign internal IP addresses on the way to connected devices (wired and wireless). I am familiar with this possibly will sound complicated, however it is quite simple. Nevertheless, as I said, I'm not familiar through any of the devices, and be able to only guide you on top of the basis of what to perform, typically.