Thread: Kaspersky: PowerDVD freezes while playing blu-ray movies

Kaspersky: PowerDVD freezes while playing blu-ray movies

I have two pc at my home. Both having powerDvd’s ninth version and KIS 2010 running on Intel Ion 2-core processor. I noticed that whenever I play blu-ray movie on both machine powerDVD completely freezes. I don’t know why this is happening. I re- install my all systems drivers still result is same. I also try to play blu- ray movie using my friends Blu-Ray writer still problem remains as it is. Now I need your suggestions to solve this problem. Actually I am struggling film editor in profession and my most of work is base on blu-ray discs. I desperately need solution for this for continue my work. I am sure you are not going to disappoint me. I would like to say thanks for all your valuable replies in advance.

Re: Kaspersky: PowerDVD freezes while playing blu-ray movies

I also faced similar kind of problem last month. Luckily I succeed to get solution for that. I am here to share that solution with you. You problem will gets solved by adding your powerdvd executables or say exe files to exclusions as well as trusted applications. In order to move this files simply open your kaspersk’s window. Inside that window you will get one icon. Simply click on that icon. After that click on trusted applications. There you will get an option to move all the exe files to trusted applications. This solution will definitely help you to solve this problem by increasing frame rate of dvds. If this solution works for you there is no need to do any changes inside system. Always try to get updated files for your antivirus in order to avoid these kinds of problems in future.

I am not sure this procedure will work for you or not. Actually my friend succeeds to get rid of similar kind of problem using the procedure given below on his Intel’s system. The procedure he followed is as below:-
    • First of all start your powerDVD.
    • After that open task manager of your system and select “process” tab.
    • Find the process related with your powerdvd with .exe extension.
    • Right click on that process and select the option called 'Set Affinity'.
    • Unmark all the checkboxes present at the bottom side of window.
    • After that play the movie.

I think it must be a problem arises due to antivirus kaspersky that you are currently using. I will suggest you to check your systems performance about blu-ray movies after turning your antivirus in disable mode. If your problem is solved after doing this, than it must be a problem due to antivirus only. There are number of antivirus present on internet in reasonable rates. I will suggest you to use ZoneAlarm which has strong firewall compared to kaspersky. I hope after installing this antivirus you never come across problem like this in future. You can also choose other ones. It is completely depends on you. You can also try to get rid of this problem using updated visions.

I did lot of research about in order to find solution for your problem. I shocked by knowing that around 70 out of 100 users of kaspersky face similar kind of problem with powerdvd whatever the version you are using. There is no solution present on google to solve this problem. If you want to solve this problem the simplest solution is replace your current anti-virus with any other anti-virus available. This is the first and last solution available for you from my side.

Had the same problem with power dvd 11 and Kaspersky. Messed around with the Trusted Exceptions. Finally could play bluray with Kaspersky still on by adding 3 .exe files to the Trusted exceptions. All are under Program files\cyberlink\powerdvd11\

1st. \PDVD11.exe
    2nd \PDVD.exe
    3rd \common\newfilter\CLHelper.exe

Check the top 3 of the 4 boxes for each file.

This was all done trial and error, so I do not know exactly what solved the problem, but it does work. Good luck