Thread: Many websites been blocked by Avast

Many websites been blocked by Avast

Hi from past few days I was looking for any good antivirus for my laptop, so two day back I had got Avast antivirus and got it installed on my laptop, since after its installation when I was trying access to my Facebook account I was not able to visit the site, and even many other sites were blocked and was not able to access through those sites, and I think this is happening due to Avast antivirus! Is anyone having this similar problem? Please help

Re: Many websites been blocked by Avast

Hi even I am having this problem, It seems that from past few days I am not able to access many of my websites that I used to access regularly as these websites seems to have blocked by Avast. And this started only after installing Avast, it has also blocked many other activities other than have been logged websites! Can any have any idea to how to unblock these sites from Avast?

It seems that your are having the same problem as one of my friend, who have been using Avast and had got many of the websites including Facebook. Can you please tell me what error message are you getting when you are trying to access any of the website? And which browser are you using for accessing any of the sites?

Are you sure that the problem is with the Avast antivirus as it may be the problem with your browser or your service provider that must be blocking these sites, as even I have been using Avast antivirus from past few months and its working well on my computer and I am able every websites form my browser. So I would like to request you to kindly check with your browser settings and service provider, may be that will help you.

Thanks for your kind replies that helped me to some extent, but not totally as when I checked with my browser and service provider both seems to be working perfectly so the problem lies with Avast only I tried checking the settings on Avast to find the blocking sites but I couldn’t find it, as when I tried checking some of the sites I got a little red box popup from Avast saying that “torjan detected” and than the connection got aboted. Any suggestions please.