Thread: Need recommendations on Wireless Modem

Need recommendations on Wireless Modem

I am currently with Wi-Fi Hotspot using a wireless USB adapter. I am in necessitate of locating a Wi-Fi wireless modem that propose Ethernet connections (instead of USB) and the facility to connect to the access point that utilize encryption. Wireless "client mode" and not "access point mode." What could be more useful would be if the hardware features of a router, firewall, NAT, etc. I'm eager to switch to DD-WRT and some cheap scrap Belkin to do this. Do suggest.

Re: Need recommendations on Wireless Modem

I do not think there is a single unit that will do this. However, straightforward access points can be configured as a wireless client. This may be connected to any Ethernet router, acting as a router. Perhaps the paramount way out to the issue of the antenna is something that can be connected by coaxial cable to the access point right SMC. I hope you know how to deal with it.

I initiate one of those devices that will do what you ask. While it has built in antennas that also allow you to connect an external one if you require a little extraordinary. It is compatible with USA, Japanese and Euro frequencies and has the advantage of previously being in an external case. It can be configured for the client or the operation of the access point. The device name is EOC2611P search Google only for him and sees their features; we hope this is what you want.

DD-WRT is definitely the right answer. Flea Bay has a lot of devices pre-loaded with DD-WRT, which could be considered off the shelf. Digital Systems and execute an access point and routers prop up these locks are very popular in this market and many others. Is certified for use EOC2611P UK and sold the business in the UK but with some restrictions. It seems that those responsible in the UK believe it is a business class and type of device requires a license for use.