Thread: Shielded twisted pair cable for dsl modem

Shielded twisted pair cable for dsl modem

I'm kind of question, what is the protection of these? It not as if he were to land anywhere, and ask that bears little brain if such protection (a) has any effect, and (b) if the effect could even be harmful. The question was prompted, in part, by the fact that I have more than 1 Mbit / s. more with a "flat"-rj11 rj11 me round with a shielded twisted par.Could it be that there is something fundamentally wrong with the twisted pair cable also, I suppose, but I wonder if we are selling shit during the last two meters. After all, unshielded twisted pair in most of the path changes. Certainly, whatever the STP in the last 2m will do is provide more capacitive coupling between the two wires in the pair of utp equivalent that no significant increase in noise reduction, tcp be quite resistant to noise anyway.

Re: Shielded twisted pair cable for dsl modem

I can imagine that when the wire is parallel the wiring may be carrying signals / noise cannot be common-mode induction may be out of range of the modem (I've seen) and possibly some difference due to the relative proximity of induction -although the latter is what is distorting the intent of minimizing! There STP cables connecting the display continues through one or both end cable connectors - which makes sense - but as you say, many STP cables just float the shield.

Their judgment seems completely very well to me, and I put it to somebody you trust your have possession of instincts rather than propaganda from other sales people. I've seen a assortment of twisted pair RJ11, in attendance is a package with all Cisco routers to install in the course of my work. I do not remember seeing a twisted that comes with an internal grade router, which tends to be corresponding.

The shield is floating, not really out at the ends of the cable to all. The cable is a "Belkin ADSL high-speed cable modem" I bought twisted pair because I wanted to finish - but as I said, I've, I've done perform poorly, 5500 kbits / sec vs 7000 kbits / sec when using this cable compared to a "flat" (section d) Cable rj11 rj11, during the last 2 meters. So either the Belkin cable is duff (or I have test equipment for proof beyond a basic continuity / resistance) or STP with floating shield is actually harmful. and I remember enough of my electronic engineering to realize that the capacitive coupling between twisted pair .

I was concerned by way of a agreement that requires a data link between Rx and satellite 8-bit computer, I think the data is 9600bps without handshaking. We have some special cable to connect the link, a pair of wires with a screen. The couple has not twisted and the screen hung at both ends. I could never see point, and I'm sure the phone cord would have done would have been having to carry a roll in the car.

Yes, and as I said before, my memory of Electrical Engineering ONC and HNC me is that if you put a twisted pair surrounded by a floating screen, then not only have the communal capacitance of the wires each other, but also have the capacity between each wire and screen, so its total capacity between the wires per unit length is c1 + c2 / 2, where c1 is the ability to direct and c2 is the ability between each conductor and the screen.

I am speculating that shield will stp any * more * inter-connector ability of UTP. I'm also speculating that a shield of the grounding plug from the wall - modem connection, regardless of the effect on inter-connection capacity, not additional noise reduction benefit over what is achieved through the use of UTP. Finally, I am watching a belkin stp (floating screen) "High Speed adsl cable modem "drops my download rate of approximately 7,000 Kbits / sec about 5300 Kbits / s compared to a flat shielded RJ11 - RJ11 lead. Now, I might have a belkin duff "ADSL high-speed cable modem," as only evidence other than observation of actual performance I can do is basic continuity, but the observed behavior of the combined cable with my own understanding of electrical engineering involved suggests I am the shield in the Belkin "cable modem high-speed ADSL," is essence of snake oil.