Thread: how to install Belkin wireless USB on Linux mint

how to install Belkin wireless USB on Linux mint

I presently installed Mint 11 and I necessitate assistance receiving my Belkin F7D4101 wireless USB stick functioning.
    Bus 004 Device 002: ID 1532:0119 Razer USA, Ltd Lycosa Keyboard
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 002: ID 1532:0002 Razer USA, Ltd DeathAdder Mouse
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d5b:0011 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 051d: 615a Belkin Components
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0012 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    I don't contain internet access on top of that PC not including the wireless card; as a result whatever thing I want to download/install must be downloaded on the way to a USB stick and transferred in excess of.

Re: how to install Belkin wireless USB on Linux mint

Hello I have the same problem. I reinstalled Mint 32-bit and I'm closer however not there up till now. I take out the 32-bit Broadcom bcm43xx.Inf and additional system files within the similar folder and go in the direction of Windows Wireless Drivers. I Installed .Inf and as soon as I did the USB adapter started blinking. Nevertheless, restarting the system will not connect on the way to my router. I am able to perceive the networks however I cannot connect. Subsequent to entering the password it demanding to connect for a while and would like me to re-enter the password.

Hi guys work for me, dealing with the code of dmesg again. I use this code in the Linux official website. Well, I have to employ for change security resting on my router toward TKIP, however it is working extremely slowly. Does anyone know about this? It articulates it is connected in the direction of 1Mb/sec. It appears that only connect at what time the router is locate to TKIP, and simply connect 1Mb/sec. somebody be acquainted with a way to solve this difficulty?

Hi thanks for your help, I can even copy the same code of the official Linux and is now working for me, Does Linux Mint / Ubuntu has superior support in favor of wireless PCI card? I am questioning just change the USB adapter in the company of a PCI card; however I'm not confident how the support is within Linux. I do not would like to spend the money to be acquainted with that I have the similar problems that as I perform through the USB adapter.

Actually it entire depends on top of the hardware vendor. If released open source drivers on behalf of their chipsets, which do not still necessitate ndiswrapper. Intel and Broadcom, for case in point, have drivers that run natively on top of Linux. As for the connection speed you are receiving at the moment, I'm not confident what to perform through it at the moment. I hope this will help you to clear your all doubt. Thank you.

I am agree with your thought. It looks akin to at what time I am able to connect is extremely slow, and a number of the time cannot connect in any way. Unluckily, my apartment settings that cannot run a line to an additional computer, as a result I consider for at this moment I'll just situate windows back. Mint runs immense on this computer through a cable connection. But still I am little bit confused with it if you have any other information then please share with me thank you.

Earlier than adding or buying latest equipment, for all time searches to make confident it is Linux compatible. That usually means it will run very well out of the box, or at the least has a Linux driver obtainable on the manufacturer’s website. I hope now you are clear with it. If you are still confused then try to find about this on Google I am sure that you will get all appropriate replies on it. And if you have any other query then you can ask me thank you.