Thread: There is a major loss in my network speed recently

There is a major loss in my network speed recently

Hello guys I am facing difficulty with my network speed. I am facing major loss in my network speed now a day. My typical speed is 21 mb/ s downloading speed and 0. 5 mb/ s upload speed. However recently they have gone down to 2 & 0.3mb/s in that order. The theoretical network perimeter is 1.31 Mbps. I am not getting anything why this is happening. Does anyone tell me how I can increase the speed of my network? All replies are appreciated thank you.

Re: There is a major loss in my network speed recently

Who is your supplier? What speeds are you paid? I am able to assume that 21mb/s / 0.5mb/s are 21 Mbps / 500 Kbps, right? I think you comprise high latency on top of your line. Do you contain a router within the mix, and if as a result, have you associated straightforwardly to the modem to get rid of the router as the difficulty? Open the application prompt, enter the command: tracert google.com and after that copy / paste the results here. The tracert will demonstrate at its peak high pings, and if it is during your control, you're Internet service supplier, or the present "Internet cloud" (peering networks).

My supplier is Rogers. I'm paying in favor of 10 Mbps downloads and 500 kbps upstream. I was regarding to upgrade, however does not make sagacity until you be able to repair this. Their assumptions regarding the speeds are accurate. What do you perceive who is calling the latency? A router is within the combine. Oddly sufficient what time I attach directly toward the modem I have 96% packet loss and cannot still run the tests. Thinking it was a modem difficulty being swap. I had superior speed through the latest (as published) in support of a few days and afterward fell again.

I suspect that the packet loss of some kind, but it must run the tests straightforwardly connected to the modem on the way to rule out the router. How are your signal levels cable modems? Most modems have an internal http://192.168.100.1 page - if you can access to try to pry into the site of the signal levels that should not be difficult to identify. For that you need to send signals down the river upstream, and the signal to noise ratio (SNR) numbers. If the signal levels are deprived, we are going to discover out, and after that you definitely be able to reason packet loss resulting in degradation of speed.

When connected directly to the modem and type tracert google.com I obtain a note saying tracert google.com cannot discover or locate or somewhat. In addition I have zero access toward the Internet at what time connected directly to the modem. I reset the whole thing (modem, router) and still could only access the Internet when connected to my router. However, this "reboot" the speed seemed to have returned? When I run - command: ping-n 30 10.45.208.1 - I 100% loss

I'm still upset with the latency among the user and 10.45.208.1, however not able to pinpoint, because it appear not reacting to ICMP needs on top of the statistics of your ping. In addition, at for a moment modifies the network devices commencing the modem comprise to be restarted, this is for the reason that remembers the most recent MAC address is synchronized through that - if some - is the router. This goes for every network devices - routers, hubs, etc.

Have you reconnected the router support the combine? Attempt pinging your modem by way of the command: ping-t 30 192.168.100.1. Post your results here. Nevertheless, if no packet loss and latency is regarding 1-3 ms, after that I'd articulate it's possible that you are supposed to contact straight away concerning your speed degradation next time as there's no signs as it are in your control. I hope this will help you to solve your query thank you.