Thread: Avast detected HTML:RedirME-inf [Trj]

Avast detected HTML:RedirME-inf [Trj]

Yesterday night I had downloaded a zip file from the torrent. At the time of downloading avast did not detect it. But now whenever I open any of the website I get the warning from avast that it has detected HTML:RedirME-inf [Trj]. So I tried to remove it by running the rkill and also scanned my system with the malwarebytes, but still I am getting the same problem. Can anyone help me to remove the HTML:RedirME-inf [Trj] file from my system?

Re: Avast detected HTML:RedirME-inf [Trj]

If you don’t know, let me tell you that HTML:RedirME-inf [Trj is an Trojan virus that tries to enter into your system and many a time make the system non-usable.it looks like an legitimate software but, has many dangerous actions with it that tries to infect your system. It will not be detected as easy as we think. If you are running the malware bytes then try closing any other Anti-virus programs running in your system and then make a scan.

Even I use to download many of the things from the Torrents site. I have also detected Trojan virus many a times after downloading some of the files from the site. Firstly see to it that when you are downloading, only download the verified files from the site. Also sometimes it happens that while downloading a file your Anti-Virus program might not detect the virus as they may be inside the zip files. Always try to keep the Anti-Virus programs updated and also make the Windows Firewall security ON.

HTML:RedirME-inf [Trj] can be sometimes used as a backdoor by the hackers to get the information from your system. What it does is, it just disables the security program running in your system and also make your web browsers to redirect to some of the nasty websites. So you should try to eliminate the HTML:RedirME-inf [Trj] as much earlier you can. Not to worry much about it as it can be removed just with any of the highly programmed Anti-Virus.

Firstly you need to stop all the processes that are running in your PC with the name HTML:RedirME-inf [Trj]. You can do this by pressing the CTRL+ALT+DELETE button. In the processes tab click on the HTML:RedirME-inf [Trj] and then press End Process. After you end the process from the task manger, then you need to remove the registry values of the HTML:RedirME-inf [Trj]. To do that you need to open the RUN window from the start menu, and then type ‘regedit’ and find the registry keys for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTML:RedirME-inf [Trj]” after finding those right click on it and select delete.

I am using Avira Anti-Virus program in my system. Even I downloaded one of the file from torrent few months back and after sometime I got the same message from the Avira that it has detected an HTML:RedirME-inf [Trj] file. So I installed the Malware Bytes Anti-Malware and the installed it. Before installing I turned off my Avira security program and then installed it. After that I scanned my system with MBAM and it found HTML:RedirME-inf [Trj] and then I removed it by deleting it. After the scan was complete I cleaned my system by using CCleaner and removed all my registry keys. And then restarted my system and now I am not getting any warnings.

Thank you for all your suggestions. I had turned off all the Anti-Virus programs and then installed a new anti-Virus and then scanned my system and then removed it. Also I removed all my temporary files and registry files from the system and now its working fine with no issues. Thank to you all for giving me suggestions.