Thread: need software for wake on lan pc via internet

need software for wake on lan pc via internet

So far away subsequent to the LAN works, a LAN, but at the moment I'm demanding to do in excess of the Internet. I would like to be able to exchange my office computer from home. I read that you cannot complete on the Internet, new than one more time I interpret with the meaning of you can do. Is there any meticulous application to allows Wake on LAN via Internet, let describe it (WOI). And what about the ip address and routers.

Re: need software for wake on lan pc via internet

The Wake on lan purpose do not worry if the Magic Packet comes through LAN or WAN (internet).on the other hand, if you have a network (few computers) and firewalls that need to be set so that the Wake on Lan In. First make certain that Wake on LAN is fully operational locally. Then make certain you know how to arrive at your PC from a distant site via the Internet. Then unlock all the suitable port. Link Wake on LAN GUI on page I posted on top of it makes it very easy to do all this (free).It was not until today, but it is now.

Let me bother you a bit more JackMDS in this matter Wake on lan.Thank you for me compared to that website, I found what I wanted in Google website. Therefore, if I read things straight, all I have to do is unlock a port on the remote PC, say port 5678 (for instance), onward that port to my PC, and then home to begin the program small Depicus I downloaded, fill, and that's everyone Only one thing on the field of the subnet mask.

I manage to Wake on LAN the recommendation of JackMDS. Just let me express your notice to a little tip. When using this Wake on LAN utility to fill in the fields MAC address, IP address subnet mask, the Internet or LAN, and remote port number. Well, when you force down the wake up button on the underneath line of the utility screen, you know how to observe the small dog running, and the Magic Packet communication sent to .Make certain the IP you observe is the distant IP address of the computer you want to wake up. To achieve this, you must modify the subnet mask. Yes, let's take for granted your remote computer is IP - 217.98.141.31 and Subnet - 255,255,255,192.You should modify the subnet of this ex 255,255,255,236.Along the way you see the magic packet send to 217.98.141.31.Of course, you have to open the port you are using on the router and point the computer you want to wake up. You must also enter the computer's BIOS and make sure the WOL option is activated. In conclusion, instruct the computer NIC to accept wake on LAN.

I cannot Wake on lan to make it fully operational through the Internet. I am specifying the WAN IP address (router) - MAC address of PC that I desire to wake up - the subnet mask individual in the interface of the router. remote port number 5850 is opened on the router and individual in WOLGUI.exe.I become conscious of at the base of the WOLGUI next to the dog run, which specify the WAN IP address: . 255. The WAN IP take in hand is accurate apart from for the 255 at the end .It's not operational for me.

As for the activation of the company LAN well, can be a real pain in the .Anyway, lest in theory, is a simple matter. You say the PC is trying to wake up to go, but this is a mistake. The PC is not turned off, you may see it that way, but is waiting. If anyone out in this waking world he could. Follow this:
    - choose a port on the and send it to the PC you desire to activate
    - allow Wake on LAN in the BIOS of the computer
    - allow Wake on LAN in the computer NIC
    - put the right values in the small (and valuable) utility Depicus
    That's every one. One obsession to keep in mind is to modify the subnet mask, arrange to obtain the correct IP address. Say you have an IP address: 213.47.155.152 and subnet mask: 255,255. 255.192. You'll have to change the subnet mask to 255,255,255,231 for the magic packet sent to intellectual property rights. I have to say that there are some cases I cannot make this thing work. Using sniffer Depicus I can see the magic packet to reach the PC, but having that there is no way to awakening.

I am following this conversation has been serving me a lot. Particular gratitude to everyone. Now I was eager you strength be clever to assist me with my difficulty in using this tool matter.Im WakeOnLanGui.exe optional on top of. I send the UDP port 9 to 192.168.2.255 IP. The MAC address is surely right. I've also attuned my subnet mask, so it sends the magic packet precisely my WAN IP address. Now, I've try this as of my laptop, rotating on the PC. The laptop is too part of this network, so I'm not certain if this could be the difficulty. When I choose "local subnet" for delivery options, the PC wakes up just as normal as it only sends the magic package locally. However, when I select "Internet" not anything happen. I'm certain you have sent the right port, and am recognizable with him from Bit Torrent or my local web server.

Could you kindly explain to me how to "adjust" subnet mask?
    I had to use 255.255.255.255 instead of my "natural" subnet 255.255.255.0 ... but I'm not sure if it's correct because wol-over-internet sometimes doesn't work!
    IF this is the problem, you can not send traffic from your WAN IP, and addressed to the same (his) wan-ip!.to test use product from depicus .