Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-06-2011

Looking for efficient GUI solution for Windows DHCP

Well I am using Windows DHCP Server. It is well known that the windows DHCP server is quite reliable however there is an issue with the GUI. I was expecting that the GUI would be improved after releasing of the Windows 2000. I have installed Windows 2003 but I was having the same issue. Let me know if you are aware of any decent DHCP software to get the requirement of mine. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 29-06-2011

Re: Looking for efficient GUI solution for Windows DHCP

I am also having DHCP on the Windows from the days of Windows NT. I think it would be a great idea to drag and drop the lease over the reservation. Let me know what amount of reservation which you wanted on the server of yours? I am doing reservation in the situation when I am not having the issue. I think you have to deal with the Static IP on the devices like printers which you have connected with the server of yours.
Old 29-06-2011

I let you know that I am using static IP for the printer and the server however I am using DHCP for all the workstations of mine. I am never in the support of the static IP for the Work station PC as any change made on the network would result to visit the each and every computer to make the changes on them. After using DHCP you can avoid the above mentioned thing. In case I wanted to make changes on the IP of the DNS server then you have to make the changes on the DHCP server and all the changes which you have done would be applied to the all the computers.
Old 29-06-2011

Personally I like to have the structured network . for eg all the computers on the office of mine would be able to access specific set of the websites. It would be great solution to create the rules for the firewall if all the pc of the specific department would have the specific range of IPs. I can use the server for the reservation for this particular thing then you will be able to do make changes on the server even including the computers which are having the different range of IPs.
Old 29-06-2011

I agree with the thing which you have mentioned over here. Well I let you know that you can use the above mentioned thing in the situation where you are supposed to give specific access on the computers. I mean if you wanted to block some access and regular access on the system. So reservation is the ultimate solution for this particular thing. It would give you a great control with the static IP and also you will have the centralized administration on the system of yours.
Old 02-07-2011

If you are having the very large environment then you should use the DHCP sever on the segment for the each and every department of your office. All the departments would have the different VLANs so you the department which are physically connected would give the specific range of the IP address. You need to simply use the desktop computer of yours to get the IP addresses.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,