Thread: Setup Remote Desktop on Domain workstations

Setup Remote Desktop on Domain workstations

all notebooks are on the domain and i need to set up a remote site, I have a nas for the remote site, I want the users folders to sync with the nas when they are on site and also when they return to head office, i have about 10 users to setup.. what is the easiest way to do this ?? and how will i get the documents to sync i know with the main office its done by login script how will this work with the nas..

re: Setup Remote Desktop on Domain workstations

hi,

you can implement windows server 2008 r2 & install fileservices. Refer http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...ile-print.aspx

What does Offline Files do?

Before the introduction of Offline Files, Windows users could access files available on a shared network resource only when connected to the network. By using Offline Files, Windows users can access files that are available on a shared network resource and continue to work with network files when the computer is not connected to the network.

Offline Files maintains a local cache of remote files and folders on your computer, so that they are available to you when you are working offline. You continue to access these files in the same way that you accessed them when you were online because the shared network resource paths and namespaces are preserved. The cache also speeds up the access to these files and folders when working over a slow connection.

When your network connection is restored, any changes that you made while working offline are updated to the network by default. Any changes you make while working on a slow link will be automatically synchronized with the version on the server at regular intervals in the background. If you and someone else on the network have made changes to the same file, you have the option of saving your version of the file to the network, the other user's version, or both.

Who does Offline Files benefit?
    Offline Files is useful for:

All Windows users who want to be able to continue to access network files if there is a network outage.

Mobile users who need to access network files while working offline or fast experience over a slow link.

Backup administrators who want to centralize data backups from client computers.

Network administrators who want to enhance the experience of users in branch offices who access files and folders hosted by servers on the corporate network while reducing their bandwidth utilization.

re: Setup Remote Desktop on Domain workstations

moreover you can also create multiple partitions in nas & have your active partition (where users will save data) replicated to another drive or folder using windows 2008 frs so there would be a mirror backup again...