Thread: Are Avira and Uniblue partners now?

Are Avira and Uniblue partners now?

Hey everyone. I am very new to computers as well as this forum thingy. So please do co-operate with me as I am not that good in using the technical talks as well. Actually, I recently started using computer and it had already installed Avira AntiVir antivirus installed in it. And I was planning to install the Uniblue RegistryBooster for my computer which is having Windows XP operating system. So I wanted to know whether these two, Avira and Unibule are partners. Help!!!

Re: Are Avira and Uniblue partners now?

I would recommend you to visit the official of Avira or Uniblue in order to get an accurate answer for your asked query. As far as I know, they were not partners but I am not sure that they won’t have tied up in recent times. But still even if they have become partners, nothing seems to be changing, as they both have got their own products and the product specification and standards. The only difference which will come is in the how they will work together to make a better product for users.

Today morning while I was performing scanning of my system with the Avira AntiVir virus, I got a pop up which clearly showed the Avira promoting Uniblue product. It was clearly displaying the following statement that “Avira is pleased to present this special offer from our trusted partner Uniblue” and below was the download link of Uniblue RegistryBooster software. So, I think there is some kind of partnership between both the companies.

After this partnership, I have noticed that Avira has made many changes in its application. Now, when I am trying to add the Webgaurd to the free version of Avira, I have to even install the Ask toolbar along with it and also make Ask as my browsers default search engine. This is so annoying. I don’t understand why we need to install some other applications if we don’t want them. I hope Avira back down the following changes soon, or else it is for sure they will be losing many users.

I came across the official forum of Avira where the officials have said that they are claiming to be checking the customer reports about the bad Uniblue RegistryBooster experience which they have been through. Any Uniblue customer can get their money back within 30 days if they satisfy the terms and conditions mentioned in Uniblue satisfaction guarantee. Lets see how well Uniblue and Avira help customer to solve there issue.

Thank you, everyone for sharing the needed information. It is seriously annoying to see Avira to tie a partnership with Uniblue. Every time I run into Avira, I am getting many ads of Uniblue which is irritating at times. I hope, Avita AntiVir antivirus don’t end up degrading its quality and performance, or I would be forced to remove it from my system and opt for some other antivirus which will not send this unwanted popups and will perform well and help me increase and maintain the performance of my system.