Thread: Dell XPS 400 unable to connect with modem

Dell XPS 400 unable to connect with modem

Hi guys I need a help for my modem connection with my Dell XPS 400 desktop. I was using one old modem with my Computer and it was working fine with my computer. Some days before I have bought new Conexant RD01-D270 modem because my old modem was not working properly. Now when I connect my new Conexant RD01-D270 modem with my computer at that time it was not able to detect in my computer. Please help me out to fix this problem.

Re: Dell XPS 400 unable to connect with modem

First of all you have to open the computer and after that you have to check that whether you have connected your Conexant RD01-D270 modem in PCI slot properly or not. just remove your modem from that PCI slot and then connect it again properly and after that check whether your computer is detecting the modem or not. if you still finding the same problem then try to attach your modem indifferent PCI slot and after that check whether problem get solved or not?

I have tried to solve the problem by removing my modem and connecting it back to the mother board but after that also I get the same problem. now after doing that I have connect my modem in other PCI slot and after that my computer has detected my modem but after that also I am not able to connect internet in my computer. I have tried to fix this by doing all the setting again and again but after that also I am getting the same issue. please tell me what should I do to fix this.

It looks like you need to check what is your modem status in your device manager and also check whether it is showing properly installed or not. if you are not able to see your modem in your device manager then I think there is something wrong with your modem and if you found any exclamation mark on your modem then you need to install the driver of your modem from your driver installation CD. I hope this information will be helpful to fix your problem.

First try to connect some other modem in your computer and then check whether you are able to connect the internet from that modem or not. if you are not able to connect the internet from that modem then there might be something wrong with your PCI slot. If you are able to connect your internet with other modem then I think your modem is faulty. First try this and detect the exact problem and try to search the solution according to that.

I think the problem which you are facing is because of your telephone line. First remove your telephone wire from your modem and after that connect it with your telephone and then check whether you are getting the dial tone or not. if you are not getting the dial tone then I think there is nothing wrong with your modem or PCI slot but your telephone line is faulty. You have to also try to solve this problem by reinstalling your modem driver. I think after doing that you will not face any issue.

Thank you for giving me all the information and solution. After reading your above post first I have tried to solve this issue by reinstalling my modem driver in my computer and after that I have restart the computer. Now after doing that when I start the computer at that time I get the same problem. now after doing that I have checked my telephone line with my phone and I was not getting the dial tone properly so I changed the wire and after that my problem get solved.