Thread: Unblock listening port for bitcomet.

Unblock listening port for bitcomet.

I am currently using the BitComet which is a BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP download administration program, which is dominant, quick, extremely user-friendly, and totally FREE. The sophisticated aspects it consists can go faster your downloading pace up to 5 - 10 times quicker, otherwise even additional. Right now I have come across the listening port for bitcomet. It is now blocked in my router. However now I want to unlock it anyhow. Does anybody know how to unlock this?

Re: Unblock listening port for bitcomet.

I know that many people are getting lots of issues with the torrent clients. No matter what kind of it may be, you are frequently getting the connection issue, download speed problem as well as ports get blocked. Numerous ISP's block the nearly all regularly used BitTorrent ports. You necessitate changing the port number on top of which BitComet is listening. You'll after that want to forward the proper port all the way through your router. I make use of Azureus intended for my torrents and encompass it listening on port 58881. I can't inform you where to come across this setting within BitComet, since I've not at all used it.

To unlock the doors of bitcomet on your modem you must first access the modem by typing this address in the browser bar like http:// (IP address). If whatever thing does not work, rewrite eliminating http://. The address you should access the modem will ask you to login and password that should usually be:
    • Login: admin
    • Password: admin

Once entered, there should be a menu on the left. In this menu you will find the heading NAT and then you have to try the voice port triggering. Now you must configure the TCP port and the UDP port that you enter on your bitcomet.

To find it is simple: just go to your bitcomet and go to Preferences. From there select the connection and see what is your listening port number and write it down on one side. Returning to the configuration of the doors you will find some TCP data: Save both create rules and do not worry if the TCP and UDP are the same. Bitcomet in the 2 ports are the same. One last important thing: back in the main menu of the modem and see if there is an entry called Firewall. If you are in this case, you must go and disable the firewall, then saving the change. I hope that everything is fine otherwise redoing another question similar to those already made what is not written back.

If your downloads as well as uploads in BitComet are extremely sluggish, in that case this may perhaps well denote that the necessary ports are blocked. BitComet might furthermore show a yellow glow along with message indicating that “the listening port is blocked”. Most information from the web (by the use of HTTP) passes from side to side the identical port (80), and Windows will be mechanically configured to permit this traffic all the way through. This is not the case while downloading torrents, though, and you have to initiate Windows to allow the information to overtake through generously

In my opinion it is not a key issue or TCP, I advise you to uninstall and reinstall bitcomet, the issue is regarding the low rate you have, I think you have to reconfigure your modem mode but the server connection sharing, which means that if your two PCs are connected flow shook shared automatically, otherwise ds. Otherwise if you are connected only with one PC, I think you will have no problem. It is by what you shared your connection between the two dc while the second is not connected to your loss of speed then tries to run me yours.

The reasons, as always, there may be several. Port may be blocked by anti-virus program, firewall Windows (Firewall, Windows) and / or third-party firewall installed on your IDD, the port may be blocked by your router or you are behind a NAT. I'm sure it's a router, but actually in the future I may well change. For BitComet, it has the advantage compared to Azureus (which is top, too) to use fewer resources of the process. Good and it does not turn into Java platform. But as I do not know well the torrent protocol, I wanted to be sure to have properly configured the stuff because the BP seemed crappy for the torrent when I file on still 9 sources and 43 clients.