Thread: Access Multiple Computers behind Router

Access Multiple Computers behind Router

I have few computers behind the wireless router. All the computers have static private addresses 198.168.1.xxx. The issue is that when I try to access any computer e.g to use FTP. From outside since I can only use the main WAN IP address when I use FTP I can only connect to one computer basically the one running FTP service on port 21.

I can access the wireless router and if necessary can do the port assignments. My question is that if multiple computers are running FTP services behind the router how can I connect to each one of them. Please explain on any tips would be nice.

Re: Access Multiple Computers behind Router

For that i would advise you to download the Vine server, so for that you will have to start installing that on each computer. set the server port for each computer and ensure that there should be an unique identification number for it. Now the next task is that you need to know the NAT IPs of each of your home computers. In order to know it go to the System Preferences and then click on the Network tab. There you will get the necessary information. Now the last step for you is to go to the Airport Utility and start forwarding the appropriate port to the NAT ips. Do try it and let me know if that was helpful for you.