Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-06-2011

How to get rid from spoofed Web sites

Hi, I?m new to internet and want to know which website is secured. I make lots of search but I can?t able to recognize the difference between the secured site and the spoofed web site. I?m having little knowledge about spoofed website as I had read few articles about it but I want to know how to recognize it as spoofed website looks similar to secured site but it is not belongs to particular organization.
Old 25-06-2011

Re: How to get rid from spoofed Web sites

Its little bit thought job to recognize it but you should have a protection for malicious worms or Trojan. Spoofed website usually hide there identities wich can?t be recognized by there URL. But there are many ways from which you can get rid from spoofed website. To get rid from spoofed website you need to download and install MS04-004 security update which is used for internet. And do not click any website which is not trusted.
Old 25-06-2011

For secure browsing just make a confirmation that whenever you go to any website there should me a lock icon which is located in the status bar and at right hand side and you must verify the name of the server for the website which your accessing it before you provide any personal detail about yourself so that it don?t get leaked and type the website url in the address bar by yourself which you trust most. And frequently scan your pc online so that you don?t get infected from Trojan.
Old 25-06-2011

To make sure that web site is secured you must see that website use sockets layer or either transport layer and even check the server name before you provide any information in that website. SSL AND TLS are usually used so that sensitive information travel thorough the network is protected. SSL AND TLS encrypt the information that travels through it and it give the conformation that it is going to the secured server.
Old 25-06-2011

To avoid the spoofed website just see to it that your connection is secured through http and even check the digital certificate of an website usually spoofed website don?t have digital certificate with them as digital certificate is only provide with the SSL or TLS and even check the name of the server you are currently viewing and even the lock in the status bar which is in status bar. This entire thing will keep you away from the spoofed website.
Old 25-06-2011

You can even check wether the website your viewing is using SSL OR DSL or nothing from both by seeing the digital certificate of the particular website if it is a spoofed website it will show digital certificate not available and even they won?t verify the name which website you?re viewing. If any how you had come up with the spoofed website then the solution is to close the website the quick way to close it by hitting alt+f4 this will close it immediately .

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,