Thread: Wi Fi Password via Server 2003

Exclamation Wi Fi Password via Server 2003

Hello everybody! A friend of mine asked me to set a password for Wi Fi connection in the hotel, because every guest connected to Internet freely. But there were so many Access Points(HP Procurve 420) two on each floor (12 floor building) we tried to set a password on each router individually, but we couldn't.
    The hotel had a main computer with Win Server 2003, and somebody said that the password should be set via main computer, i.e Server 2003. So how the password for Wi Fi connection is set via Server 2003. Could anyone help me to solve this problem. Would be very grateful!

Re: Wi Fi Password via Server 2003

On the Domain Controller

Setting up IAS:

1) Launch Add/Remove programs > Windows components > Networking Services > Details> Tick Internet Authentication Services > OK, NEXT
    2) Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Internet Authentication Services
    3) Right click Internet Authentication Services (local) on left hand side > “Register server in Active Directory” > OK
    4) Right click Internet Authentication Services (local) > Properties > Ports – make a note of the ports used for Authentication and Accounting: you may need them for setting up your Access Point later
    5) Right click on Radius Clients > New Radius Client > Pick a friendly name and a static IP address you can use for the Access Point. Be sure not to choose something in your DHCP range. Select RADIUS Standard and enter a shared secret. Microsoft recommend 22 characters or more generated by a random password generator.
    6) Click on Remote Access Logging > Right click on Local file > As a minimum, select Accounting Requests and Authentication Requests and check the Log File tab settings.
    Last edited by Harson.P; 24-06-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: External link removed

Exclamation Re: Wi Fi Password via Server 2003

So I do not need to set a password individually for every Access Point?

I think that it is possible for you to set a administrator or master password for the entire network which is connected with main server. If there are number of Wifi access points then there is no problem. There must a main server in that network which is with the base access point or wifi bridge. You can set the password to that. It acts as a special administrative account. This account offers total "superuser" access to the device's configuration tools with a special username as well as password. However before that you need to find out what kind of wifi network you have there.

So can you help me to understand what kind of network is there? And after setting its passwords.

You can set the Wi-Fi password yourself by logging onto the routers (if you have it) management interface and setting it in the wireless configuration. Or alternatively ask the person who set up the router in the first place. There is no way you can find the wi-fi password without logging on to the router. On the other hand, refer to this similar kind of thread - http://forums.techarena.in/windows-s...lp/1375630.htm