Thread: my SSID is not showing up

my SSID is not showing up

For the past few months now I have shifted to my university for some research purpose as I have previously been there and know that I have to spends my next three years doing research here so I have setup my new home here . But when I tried to configure the entire gadget that used Wi-Fi as a connection I was not able to get the ssid. As I am not a tech person I just don‘t know who to solve this problem,

Re: my SSID is not showing up

I think no one here is has a crystal ball in which one can view what router you are using and what configuration have you set so I guess it would be a lot better if you post your system settings and configuration , if possible also give the model number that you have been using as this you help user that to give you an accurate suggestion which would be quite helpful for you to solve the issue that you are having .

I do not know what s the difference between an modem and a router but I guess the only difference between them would be the company name ,so I am just posting whatever I have , I have a net gear router and I think other one is been given to me by the company itself . There are two SSID that are broadcasted on the Channel 11 and both have 2.4ghz frequency. I am not been able to view my SSId that are been broadcasted by the channels .

I would like you to ask you one question have you done any firmware update in recently , I am asking you this because that might be a cause of your SSID not showing . Other than that if you haven’t done and firmware update and seeing your knowledge about modem’s and networking I suggest you to use Wirelessnetview to get a list of all the SSID in the area you router is active. This can be downloaded from their official site .

There are many problem associated with this , one could be wifi drivers when upgraded other could be the wnv relies on the Wzc service which is being overridden or possibly disabled by the dell wifi utility . I also suggest you to change channels and see if the problem still persists. and I certainly think that it is worth a try as you always have the option of switching back.

nothing worked for me as i have tried all the solution that you have said ans that did not worked for me , i am now considering the solution provided by the above user by calling a nertwork engineer as i do not want my system to be left in the hands of in-secure people and more importantly i do not want my system condition to go worse as. now kust pray the the network engineer does not makes a hole in my pocket