Thread: Win32/Mywife.E@mm malware_ Security Alert

Win32/Mywife.E@mm malware_ Security Alert

Hey! Please help me. Recently I have an issue with mass mailing malware Mywife named Win32/Mywife.E@mm. What is this malware do? Is this malware harmful? If yes, than what are its demerits? What actions should I perform against it? I am waiting for your replies. Provide me as soon as possible. Thank you everyone in advance for helping me and spending your precious time.

Re: Win32/Mywife.E@mm malware_ Security Alert

Yes, it is harmful. I want to let you know that this mass mailing malware attracts users through social engineering efforts into attached file opening in email message. As soon as the recipient opens the file, the malware sends itself to all the contacts in the system address book. It also affects the systems, that have blank administrator passwords by spreading over writeable network shares. It is spreading so widely that Microsoft wants to make customers aware of this Mywife mass mailing malware.

This malware is harmful. You have to perform certain actions to solve this malware problem such as you have to use the most recent and updated antivirus software because this will reduce risk of infection from the Win32/Mywife.E@mm malware. Also you should verify this malware with their antivirus provide or vendor. The reason you should verify this to Antivirus vendors is that they have assigned different names to this malware but the CME i.e. the Common Malware Enumeration group has especially assigned to ID CME-24.

I would like to add to it. You should get rid of this malware as soon as possible because the system that are affected by Win32/Mywife@E.mm intend to permanently corrupt a number of files of common document format. This malware also deletes or modifies files including the registry keys that are associated with certain computer security- related applications. You won’t be happy knowing this, that it prevents application from running as soon as the window starts. I recommend you to see the Microsoft Virus Encyclopedia for more information.

I am very well aware and known to this Mywife malware variant. This harmful malware fails to make use of security vulnerability, but it is eagerly dependent on the infected file attachment on the use opening. Especially this malware attempts to scan the network looking for systems so that it can connect it and infect it too. It is done in the context of the users. If this malware fails to connect with other users then it keeps on trying again and again by logging on with the “Administrator” as the user name together with a blank password.

The users who are or who believe that they are infected by this Mywife malware should contact their vendor of their antivirus. This also applies for those who are not sure that they are affected by this Mywife malware. You can also alternately try Windows Live Safety Center Beta Web site that provides the ability to choose ”Protection Scan” to ensure that systems should be free from infection. Additionally, the Windows OneCare Live Beta provides detection and protection against the Mywife malware and its known variants. This is available for English language systems only.

If you require more information regarding the Mywife malware, so that you can get necessary help and determine that you have been affected or infected by this malware or not, also how to repair your system and take necessary action if your system has been affected, check the Microsoft Virus Encyclopedia. See the “Overview” section in the Microsoft Virus Encyclopedia references. You should take caution with the unknown file attachments and to follow Protect your PC guidance for enabling the firewall, getting software updates etc.