Thread: Unable to connect Compaq Presario c700 with wireless connection after format

Unable to connect Compaq Presario c700 with wireless connection after format

I had just completed with format procedure on my Compaq Presario C700 as my operating system has been horribly infected by virus and some spyware too, as after running antivirus throughout the system, most of the virus get remove by it, and per my friend suggest, I had formatted my Laptop and just after formatting and completing all software installation on the system, I am unable to connect to wireless connection, but even then also I am able to connect to Ethernet on my system but my wireless card if not detectable by my laptop. Is something goes wrong somewhere? Or it the effect of existing virus? Your any help will be highly appreciable. Thanks.

Re: Unable to connect Compaq Presario c700 with wireless connection after format

You have been complete with the installation of your system properly. At first you have to confirm that, and check whether you have install all the Network connection driver available on the motherboard CD and also conform that you hadn’t skip the installation of wireless driver file. And while installation the Network drivers make sure that your wireless router is turn ON, it should be ON as the system will auto detect the router. If after this also if you are unable to connect to your wireless router than post a reply to me in this thread.

Re: Unable to connect Compaq Presario c700 with wireless connection after format

As this may occur might be due to improper installation of New system on your laptop, so first you have go under the Device manager and than in it you can see the Network Adapters option, and there you will able to see some yellow marks icon popping up now you have to press Winkey+r, and after that type devmgmt.msc and just simply press Enter. Now system will notify you that which error had occur while installing the operating system on your laptop and according to that you can manually download the file and installing it on your system.

You have to went through proper installation procedure for letting all your driver operates properly, you have install your Chipset driver before installing any other driver or software on your system, and if you had done something wrong, than while getting away from lots of complicated procedure, you should again run a reinstalling procedure on your system and after that just follow the mention process for driver installation and after installing your driver you have to install your anti-virus and proceed with updating definition and also the update your wireless router driver with latest updates.

First you have to tell me that which Wireless adaptor network do you have on you system, as for instance if it is the Intel wireless Adapter that I will suggest you to go for official website of Intel and download all the latest driver which are meant for you operating system and also compatible one and also proceed with installing all chipset drivers too, as because without having chipset driver you will unable to install driver which will allow you to access your wireless connection and also support for installing other drivers.

Either you have been skip the installation of Network connection driver or maybe it is corrupted, so either you go to cyber café or to some friend house, where you can access to the internet and then clarify which system is installed on your Laptop and which model number of your laptop on the official site and as per that they will provide you will the available updated Driver which are compatible with your system. For getting to the site just click on this LINK

As while going to your problem, I have make out that your this error is but similar to that which had happen with me, after formatting my Presario Laptop, for this you have to download the wireless driver from the internet and check/confirm whether it is compatible with Compaq Presario C700 and as per the gather information for your problem you have to download “atheros ar50007 802.11 b/g wifiadapter” file from the internet, which will available for free and can be search by pasting this on the Google search engine and install this file manually, now you will able to connect to the internet.