Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-06-2011

How to remove media.mynewswheel.com

My browser keeps on redirecting me to media.mynewswheel.com. It does not matter what website I am trying to open. This thing started happening instantly. I had downloaded a Firefox plugin that sends smiley. But after that I started getting this redirection issue. I tried to stop this. It has also changed my home page. It is not working. I want some help here to remove this redirection thing from my system.
Old 22-06-2011

This is a common redirection virus. You have to remove your web browser for that. And re-install that. This will be enough to fix the issue. When you remove the browser all settings and plugins with that will be wiped out. Then re-install everything back again from scratch. It is always recommended to avoid installing third party toolbars and codes in your system.
Old 24-06-2011

Redirection virus are one of the most annoying thing. I had faced this before. They are not easy to remove. You need a good anti-malware in your pc. Or else it will keep on appearing back again. Malwarebytes is a good one but it is not free. There are some free anti-malware available which can also help. But they have certain limited features only. Re-installing browser will not help much. Avoid importing any old plugin while setup.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , , ,