Thread: Unable to detect AV protection 2011 malware in Avast.

Unable to detect AV protection 2011 malware in Avast.

hi guys i am using avast antivirus, but it didn't came to a result of mine of removing or helping and preventing malware/virus from the net. to state further I got AV protection 2011 malware and configurations state as windows XP 2002 sp3 and it was unable for me to detect it.i don't have any idea about it. also i can say that there are several programs which are getting blocked and it is unable to perform some functions.i made use of rougue killer but didn't supported me any how.running those program in safe mode didn't helped me in any sense. if you have some suggestions regarding it please suggest.

Re: Unable to detect AV protection 2011 malware in Avast.

yes i can understand the problem you are with, i think you should make use of Combofix and to try running it. if you are able to specify the log i can get some answer for it.

for this to be fixed i should suggest try this
    1. first of all Run OTL file
    2. At the bottom, you will find a Custom Scans/Fixes box
    3. At the top of it you will find the Run Fix button. click on it.
    4. allow the program so that it runs undisturbed and after you have done this have a reboot of your system.
    5. try to once more open OTL and you will be able to see Quick Scan button. have a click on it.

do tell me the result again after this.
    • i want to say to other users that the fix which i mentioned is definite for the system mentioned in the question and not for others. try to take a note on the system configurations mentioned.
    • also at the time of the fix commences it will shut down all running processes and there is possibility of desktop and icons dis appearing , after an return on reboot they will seem to appear.

try to have run a fresh OTL scan. i suppose there will be things sorted for you. the program if not updated for many days will cause similar problems which you mentioned. here i strongly suggest you to click the update button before you start a scan always . not doing this will not able to do so as you wished for.

there was no program anymore seeming to appear. and i guess the problem is solved, as the malware is gone but i am experiencing internet and firewall functions getting stopped,
    as it is detecting the wireless network. so now facing some problems with internet due to this.

for this to overcome,
    • Open Services in Avast< Start <Run<Type: services.msc < OK
    • at the bottom , double click DNS Client
    • you will be able to see Start up type and set it to Automatic< Apply < Start button . after starting of the process click OK .

to a short description of AV Protection 2011, i can say that it is a program with malware from the same family of malware as AV Security 2012 and it shows that it is an an antivirus software. and if you want to remove here i can provide some steps which will work. for this to be done, you will require to reboot your system in Safe mode with networking. you must be knowing the exact procedure for this. if not known, i can provide with the same. after restarting press f8 key which will enable you to load Windows Advanced Options menu. under this, choose Safe mode with networking .run ZeroAccess/Sirefef/MAX++ remover to have a removal of this infection which was com[prised and with AV Protection 2011 . in addition to this have a run of TDSSKiller to remove this.

you may be getting with some TDSSKiller folder.Open it. rename the tdsskiller . after this on TDSSKiller icon double click .to have a proper scan over Windows registry for TDSS trojan, click on the Scan button.To have a complete removal of TDSS trojan continue the process. make use of use Combo fix if you are not able to download. if any browser is opened close it.follow the prompts after having double clicked on combofix.exe .rename it to myapp.exe and try again if it does not run. download Malwarebytes Anti-malware and have a proper removal of all AV Protection 2011 which are in association with the malware.