Thread: Speed of WiFi Link 5100 AGN getting changed constantly

Speed of WiFi Link 5100 AGN getting changed constantly

Recently I have noticed that the internet connection has been changing continuously and also the speed varies from no connection to slow, normal and high. I use telus network and it is been really frustrating to make use of the wireless network connection. Can somebody explain to me what can be the issue behind it. I am using the adapter WiFi Link 5100 AGN so is that the issue? Can you all please explain it to me, I need your support on this question, please do answer it out.

Re: Speed of WiFi Link 5100 AGN getting changed constantly

May be the radio conditions can be a reason behind it. so you must look out for the same if you are living in a locality where you get to see such kind of environments then you must better refrain from it, that will be of good help for you. do look out for the same and it will be quite helpful for you. also I need to know what kind of connection do you have for telus and also which type of box did they gave you all, do answer it out I will be happy to listen it to you.

Probably changing the channel in the router settings will help you a good deal in the situations like these, so better try that as well. Since yours is a wireless connection so the network rate might fluctuate, so for that you will have to better have a chat with the manufacturers regarding this problem and he will be able to guide you with the perfect suggestions and hence you will be getting the necessary output there only.

Well the connection is of adsl connection and also it is a 6Mbps connection and even the download speed is said to be anywhere around 650 kbps. I think with that speed suggested, the speed that I am getting is quite low with the download speed that has been suggested. Can you all please suggest me what other options should I try except having a talk with the manufacturers about the problem. So do suggest me something on the same and I will be happy listening to your comments so please do reply ok I am waiting for the suggestions from you all.

Switching to a less crowded wireless channel seems to me a good option, see there will be a fluctuation in the speed whenever you are in a crowded network, so what you have to do is download a software from the internet that will allow you to detect which network is less crowded and select it accordingly. So that seems to me as a good option according to me. so that’s what my suggestion says here and that will be a effective solution for you in this situation.

Thanks for the support I will try and search for the software in the internet and see to it that I will get something out of it. So that’s what I want to say here, thanks a lot for all the support and the advise that you have suggested here. I was really not knowing the solution for this kind of problem. Anyways appreciate that you did solve the problem for me and hence thanks a lot for all the solutions that you have given here.