Thread: VPN is working internally but not externally?

VPN is working internally but not externally?

I have purchased a laptop of Samsung since few weeks ago and I have connected an internet service provider of MTNL the MTNL is the leading internet service provider in Mumbai. I think so that it provides up to 4 Mbps of speed. And I think this is the fastest speed that I ever have. And I have windows 7 pre-installed in it. And I have a problem with the virtual private network that is the VPN and I am connecting the remote Linux system to our windows server 2003. But in this case the VPN is working internally it was just working and when I connected externally it is not working properly that it is not showing that it is connected. Please help me in solving the problem. Thanking all in advanced for helping me and giving me the suggestions.

Re: VPN is working internally but not externally?

I would like to recommend you that you should be able to utilize the PPTP as an alternative. In this case the clients of Linux have more issue by the means of the L2TP/IP sec or I think that this is a very complicated job. I think that you should do an action regarding the routine of the VPN alternatives. And I think that you should create a packet filter rules so that the traffic commencing from the external source to the VPN internal address. Then try to encompass the packet filter facilitated for the PPTP. I hope that this will solve the problem.

I would like to recommend you that make sure that the server is observing your local network. I would like to ask one question that have you comprised the static and public IP address. Is the DSN setup appropriately? Does your host name resolve to the accurate IP address? Is there a firewall working with additional than what’s on your OSX server. I think that you should answer this question and I will solve the problem. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem.

I would like to recommend you that the IP routing is one of the amazing topics which we can understand properly and can be able to entire obtainable brain cells to adequate knowledge of technical details. I think in that you should have to stay apart from the stuff things like the large volume of networks and the mixes of the faster and the slower link in the middle of the groups of the notes etc. And the stuffs of avoiding the overlapping of DHCP and then maintaining the distinct subnets on the mutually ends of the network. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem.

I would like to recommend you that if you have this problem go to the time capsule and then click advanced and then there will be no port of mapping. I think that something will be obtainable on the newer hardware. I did a search to get software that will do the work up to date. The one I am having in that the port mapping is not there. And after that the next alternatives are the Statistics, MobileMe, and IPv6 beneath advanced. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem.

While I was surfing on the internet I saw the questions and the suggestion but I would like to recommend you that I think that you should use the PPTP (point-to-point tunneling protocol) I think that you should recall the Linux clients if you are having issue with the L2TP/IPsec because I think that this is very complicated. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem that you are suffering from.

While I was surfing on the internet I saw the topic and the suggestion given to you the suggestions are quite systematic and recently I was also suffering from the same problem that you are suffering now but I am wondering that now the problem has been solved because for you if no then you have to search on the Google for your exact suggestion or you will also get the videos on the Google. I hope that this will help you in solving the problem and giving you the correct suggestion.