Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-06-2011

PPP transmission control protocol was terminated?

I have purchased a latest computer and configuration of my computer is 4GB RAM and 500 GB HDD & 1GB Graphics, Intel Core i5. And when I was connecting the internet using the mobile as a modem. Few days ago it was connecting but now a days I am trying to connect it with the Dial-Up connection but when I am trying to register the computer with the server I am getting some sort of error that is 734 PPP transmission control protocol was terminated. Please help me in solving the problem. Thanking all in advanced for helping me and giving me the suggestions.
Old 19-06-2011

Re: PPP transmission control protocol was terminated?

I would like to recommend you that the PPP protocol means the point to point protocol it is a data link protocol it is used to the establish the direct connecting between the two networking nodes. It can provide the connection authentication or the transmission encryption privacy. I think so that you have to check the negotiate multi-link for the single-link connection checkbox you can check under networking settings or you will get it under the security options. And then allow the unsecured password and then validate the identity on the check-box. I hope that this will solve the problem.
Old 19-06-2011

I would like to recommend you that I think that the physical link is used for the internet dial-up connection, I think that in this the physical link is the phone line. In this case the VPN connection is used for the logical link, in which the PPP connection setup uses the suite of PPP protocol. So to negotiate the parameters of the PPP link authenticate the credentials of the remote access user. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem of the PP connection.
Old 19-06-2011

I would like to recommend you that the PPP provides the error checking, and authentication and I think that it is used to carry the IP, IPX and the other protocols. To detect the transmission error there is a function known as the checksums. In the framing to HDLC the PPP and the serial links is usually encrypted or encapsulated. I think so that this is described by the IETF RFC 1662. Point control and the link control protocol are not the standards applications. But PAP and the CHAP are the authentication protocols. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem that you are suffering from.
Old 19-06-2011

I would like to recommend you that the Error 734: the PPP link control protocol was terminated. I think that this error occur when you are not able to establish a dial-up connection. To solve this problem I would like to recommend you some steps:
? First you have to click on the start button and then point to the settings and then click on the network and the dial-up connection.
? And then right click on the dial up connection and then click on the properties.
? And after that click on the networking tab and then click on the settings.
? And then in the settings option click on the negotiate multi link for single link connection check box.
? And then click two times OK.
? And then double click on the connection and then click Dial.
? And later than click on the connection and then click properties.
? And after that click the security tab.
? Under that click on the security option and then click on the allow unsecured password in validate my identity as follows box, and then click OK.
? And then double click dial to verify that you can establish a dial-up connection.
I hope that this will help you to solve the problem.
Old 20-06-2011

While I was surfing on the internet I saw the topic and the suggestion given to you the suggestions are quite systematic and recently I was also suffering from the same problem that you are suffering now but I am wondering that now the problem has been solved because for you if no then you have to search on the Google for your exact suggestion or you will also get the videos on the Google. I hope that this will help you in solving the problem and giving you the correct suggestion.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,