Thread: Windows Explorer crashes while opening My Computer or My Documents

Windows Explorer crashes while opening My Computer or My Documents

I have just moved all my work from one laptop to another laptop in the prospect that this would build life faster and simpler, not a little bit of it. Instead, I find that windows explorer crashes out every time I attempt to access a folder on the any drive with lots of documents images in it (while it appears to work very well when I attempt to access the similar folder on my backup E: drive). It freeze, then gives me an error message saying it’s found to shut.

re: Windows Explorer crashes while opening My Computer or My Documents

I would like to tell you how to fix this problem. You can fix this with the help of some instructions. If you follow these steps then I am sure you can fix this problem. Steps are given as following:
    1. First of all you go to virus scan site
    2. Then after you will Copy and paste the following file root into the "doubtful files to scan”
    3. Code:
       c:\StubInstaller.exe
    4. Then you will press on the Upload button
    5. When Scan is finished, then after you will press on clipboard and then you will copy the clipboard key. This will copy the source of the details into the Clipboard.
    6. Then after you will paste the data’s of the Clipboard in your next respond.

Well, first of all you will go into the folder Options then after you will go into View and for this method Unmark "conceal secured operating files” Then after you will return to the folders causing the issue and remove: THUMBS.DB. If you have a third party tools for example Photoshop. It will have it's own thumbnail caching and that has to be stopped and the caching file removed too. I hope this problem will be solved. If your problem will be solved then post here.

When I read the problem. No new programs had been loaded or removed. I attempted to utilize the to take the backup the attribute only to get that it had been stopped). I have run a full version Norton virus scan which came up dirt free. I also ran Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware which twisted up some little things, but cleaning them up it didn't appear to construct any dissimilarity. So I am suggesting you at least once you should try this procedure.

I've recently been through a similar scenario. Any folders containing ai or eps files would crash explorer when I tried to open them.
    In my case it was down to a trial version of the paid for MysticThumbs thumb viewer. Or rather, after its removal. Using a registry search I eliminated any keys referencing either MysticThumbs or IAM Games. I then cleared my thumb caches through the disk clean up utility and re-booted. I could then open the folders and access my files again without crashing explorer/photoshop/illustrator.

Hope that is of some help.

I also posted this in another (old) thread (in error!!). My apologies.

This problem is common with most of the system infected with virus. I do regularly scan with Nod32, all updates to date have been created or any problem, I have no hardware problem. If you had better read, you would have seen that only the explorer crashes, and only when I open C: / full window. Try to run some kind of registry cleaner which can restore your old registry values and fix the issue.

Re: Windows Explorer crashes while opening My Computer or My Documents

I would like to tell you everybody. I have very impressed from this forum. I got the right solution of my problem. Everybody tried to give the solution in the simplest way. Now I have done the steps very carefully. Now presently I am using the Norton antivirus. With the help of this antivirus I have cleaned the virus from my laptop. Now when I open the windows explorer. It doesn’t crash. So I am very happy to get rid of this problem because this problem was so irritating. Thank you for helping me.