Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-06-2011

How to remove Windows 7 System Restore Virus

I am having a Windows 7 pc. I am dealing with serious Windows 7 System Restore Virus. Last night I was checking out some new sites on web. I got a popup of codec to play some videos and I allowed it. After that I started getting a restore notification on the screen. The virus is now installed and it does not allow me do anything. My desktop takes long time to load.
Old 18-06-2011

This kind of fake tools are really annoying. It is very hard to wipe them out completely. And the will download more threats in your system making your system slow. I tried finding some solution for the same on web. Some says that this virus can be removed through Malwarebytes-Antimalware. I ran that in safe mode but it did not helped. Later on I formatted my pc. If you use a good antivirus in your pc then you don't have to worry much.
Old 18-06-2011

Your system is already infected. There is nothing much you can do. Try to take full system date backup first. So that you don't loose anything if you go ahead with formatting. The second thing you have to do is boot your system in safe mode. Go in Control Panel > Uninstall Program and see whether you are able to find anything like this fake restore. Try uninstalling it. If this also does not work then formatting is the only ultimate solution.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,