Thread: Why C Drive seem blank and Start Menu is empty in Windows XP ?

Why C Drive seem blank and Start Menu is empty in Windows XP ?

Hey hello everyone, sorry if for trouble but I don’t find any other way to get out of this problem my PC is working on a Windows XP SP3 and the problem is that when I use to click on start menu and then select for all program in that all is fully blank and when I use to click on My computer and from there after click on the C drive , inside the drive noting is visible, I had run the Anti Malware completely but it don’t work out for me, what is this problem? Just before some all is working well and without any flaws, is there any solution of this problem ? Yours every possible suggestion would be very helpful for me. Thanks

Re: Why C Drive seem blank and Start Menu is empty in Windows XP ?

Hey you are saying that this problem had emerged just recently means before it all is working properly, does before this have you install any unsigned software or improper shutdown, as it was happen with my PC once and I recover from it without reformatting my system, so you have to boot from a CD BartPE or Linux or if possible with Symantec ghost and after that most probably the repair process will be done by those CD and check now whether your start up and C drives stuff are visible now or not .

Hey I think you are able to access Control panel, just check first in control panel at Add or Remove programs and see whether you able to see the install program list in it. Just after confirming it, you have to install a antivirus like Avast or quick heal or the install one in your system. Just make it clear that your Anti-Virus is capable of running Boot scan, if it not then try the free version of above mention antivirus and run the scan in boot time. And before doing all just make it clear that your antivirus is completely update, as running boot scan will save your system from any further system damage.

Hey I felt like it may be occur due to recent new installation of any software it happen sometimes that a program make your computer malfunctioning and even uninstalling that program doesn’t seem to be work, but XP have a excellent feature called as “System Restore”. It can be use even when you are working on computer and while that if something goes wrong than you can use the system restore point to get back your data. So you can use the system restore point to get back your system in former position. But for that you prior have to do a System Restore.

Get all file invisible along with the installed program don’t seem to be user mistake, it surly some Virus or registry problem than can been consequence of a virus affected software installation or download, you first try to download a registry fixing software which are available on internet on such a large amount and that even for free and if after fixing your registry problem your file are not visible than check in Tools and than in folder option whether folders and file are set to visible or not? This happen most of the time by a Malware which hide almost all file on system instead of their existence, so run a Anti Malware while keeping your System in Safe mode, so as to prevent any data loss.

If even in the case if you hadn’t done a System restore before emergence of this problem so just follow the mention step as I stated first at the Empty Desktop Press CTRL+ALT+DEL at a same time and then by pressing that task manager will start and then press File/New Task(RUN) and then it insert chkdsk C: /R by typing and after it press enter and restart the computer and the missing will be visible now and even after that too if it fails than again go to Run Box in Task manager write SFC /scannow and after this insert the XP CD in and it will install the missing file from the CD automatically and even after that too nothing happen than keep the last option as doing a Repair of system from Windows CD.