Thread: except firefox all programs and objects are hidden

except firefox all programs and objects are hidden

I am using windows Xp in my computer and I am facing one annoying problem in my computer. My computer was working fine but from last few days I am not able to see any icons on my desktop. I can only see my document and recycle bin on my desktop. Whenever I try to open any programs at that time my system says that file is empty and when I click on the details at that time it says file exist at the original location. I am not able to access any programs except Firefox. Now I don’t know whether there is problem with my operating system or there is virus in my computer. Please help me to fix this.

Re: except firefox all programs and objects are hidden

If you have created any other user account in your computer then first open that account and after that check whether you are getting the same problem on that account or not. if you get the same problem in that account also then there might be viruses in your computer and if you didn’t get the same problem with other account then I think some of the impotent file gets corrupted from your account and that is why you are facing this problem.

I would like to tell you that have you crated any restore point in your computer. If you have created any restore point in your computer then it will help you to fix this problem. Try to do the system restore in your computer. First go to the start menu and after that select the Accessories from all programs. Now after doing the click on the system tools and there you will find the system restore option. Now after you will not get this problem.

If you are not getting any help by doing the system restore then I think you have to do these steps to solve your problem. Go to the task manager and after that click on the file. In file you will get the new task option and after that you have to type explorer.exe and then hit enter. It will show your desktop and after that you will be able to access all the files. If this trick fails to solve your issue then it means your computer is infected with virus.

If you have any antivirus in your computer then first perform the Full system scan and after that check whether your computer is detecting any virus or not. if your computer fails to detect any virus then you can download the Kill amvo.exe file from internet after that double click on that file and then it will scan your all the drives one by one and fix your all the problem. I hope after doing that you will be able to access all the programs in your computer.

Same problem was occurred in my system and after that I have tried to fix that problem on so many ways but I didn’t found any solution. My antivirus was not showing me any viruses in my computer. After trying all the possible things I have reinstalled the windows XP and after that my all the problem gets solved. Now computer is running fine. You can try this solution to fix your problem. if you have any difficulties then let me know.

I have scanned my whole system with AVG antivirus and it didn’t detect any antivirus and I have also tried to fix this problem by scanning by scanning the system with Trojan remover but after that also my system was giving me the same issue. Now after doing that I have inserted the Windows XP CD in my CD ROM and then I selected the repair option. Now after repairing that I am not getting any problem with my system. Thank you for giving me that suggestion and helping me.