Thread: How to remove startsear.ch virus

How to remove startsear.ch virus

I have installed the windows XP on my dell system and I have installed the Avira antivirus on my system as well. Everything on the system working fine but form last one week my system is not working properly and I am facing issues on my system. While working I am always getting a popup saying that startsear.ch detected. I am not sure what is this, can you please tell me its a virus if yes then please tell me how I can get rid of it.

Re: How to remove startsear.ch virus

Please follow the below steps and so that you can get rid of your issue. To do this you need to open the registry editor. Open the registry editor and under that go to the following location and after that delete the all keys:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PAV
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings 'ProxyOverride' = ''
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings 'ProxyEnable' = '1'
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies \System\DisableTaskMgr
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AntiSolution

If you have completed the above step and then reboot your system.

I have faced the same issue with my system and I have followed the below steps and after that I was able to solve my issue. Please follow the below steps.

1. Goto Control Panel
    2. Click on add/remove program.
    3. Locate the below program and remove them from your system.
    4. Restart your machine

1. Security IGuard
    2. Virtual Maid
    3. Search Maid
    4. New Net / NewDotNet

I would suggest you to reinstall your web browser. If you don't know how to reinstall then please follow the below steps.
    1. Goto Start Menu Icon on your desktop.
    2. Click on Control Panel.
    3. Goto Add/Remove Program
    4. Uninstall the browser which is effected.
    5. Restart your machine.

I have faced the same issue with my system as well and I have installed the new antivirus I scanned my system I found the virus and I removed it from my system. So I would like to suggest you to install the antivirus from the official website and after that make sure that your antivirus is up to date.

I would like to suggest you to perform the system file checker on your system and after that let me know the issue. to do this you need to open the command prompt. To do this makes click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the run. Now on the run type CMD and after that click on the ok button. Now on here type the below and after that let me know the issue:
    Sfc/scannow
    Now once you done and after that restart your system and then go through your issue.