Thread: How to restore blocked items from McAfee

How to restore blocked items from McAfee

I have McAfee antivirus installed in my computer and this is very nice antivirus to have in a computer. Some days before I have blocked some applications like Mozilla Firefox and two three games, now after that when I tried to allow it again to run in my system at that time I am not able to do that. Whenever I try to allow that and after that save that setting and the when I double click on those application at that time none of the application is opening. Please provide some solution regarding this.

Re: How to restore blocked items from McAfee

As far as I know your McAfee might get corrupted and that is why you are facing this problem. To solve this problem you have to do following steps. First of all you have to go to the control panel and after that click on the add and remove programs now after doing that you will get list of the programs which is currently installed in your computer. Now from that select the McAfee antivirus and then you will get the remove option. Now click on that and then you will get the repair option and remove option. From that select the repair option and then your problem will get solved easily.

If you have blocked those applications from firewall setting and after that when you are trying to unblock it at that time you are getting the problem then I think you can do following thing to solve this problem. First of all open the McAfee antivirus by double clicking on the system tray icon. Now after that go to the Firewall setting and then there you will find the restore defaults option. Now click on that and after that try to open those applications. This trick will fix your issue surely.

As you have said in your post about repairing the McAfee from add remove programs and after reading that I have tried to fix that trick to solve this problem and after doing that my games started working normally and I am not finding any difficulty with it, but Firefox is still not working. Now please tell me what I should do to fix this problem. Is there any solution to get rid of this problem then please let me know? Any help will be appreciated.

If after doing firewall setting also your Firefox is not working then I think there may be something wrong with your browser also. You can solve this problem by doing following steps. First of all uninstall the Mozilla Firefox from your computer and after that restart the computer. Now disable the antivirus and after that install the Firefox in our computer. Now after installing the Firefox start the computer again. I hope after that you will not get any issue.

I have tried to solve this problem by following your steps. First I have completely uninstalled the Mozilla browser from my system and after that I have restarted the system. Now after restarting the system I have installed the browser after disabling the antivirus and after installation complete I have enabled the antivirus again in my system. Now after doing this tick all the things started working perfectly. Thank you for all the help and support.