Thread: Need help with some easy to use FTP Client

Need help with some easy to use FTP Client

I am here planing to create an shot ftp server which will be common for my home and group of friends over web. I need some suggestion for the current tools that I can use and also the issue related to legal rights. I found that sometime sharing can cause penalties of piracy. I do not want to indulge myself in that matter. But that is an latter issue. First what can be done to get an easy and quick ftp setup without much hassle. Thanks.

Re: Need help with some easy to use FTP Client

You might be aware that an FTP client is a program that allows you to connect to an FTP server to upload or download files. That means you can simply share your file over web by creating your online account with some kind of free services. You can use here a simple browser like Internet Explorer browser as a client which is commonly available. I found services like 4 shared as free services where you do not need any-kind of tool to upload and download.

There is a tool that you can use called as Flash FXP. This is only applicable if you want to upload and download files and work with the server. Especially if you want to upload a website at some from your your computer. So for that you will need a client program. I will recommend you to look for an manual for the same that will explain you how to use an FTP client like Flash FXP. Although most programs work in much the same way, so one time setup is more than enough for you.

Here I know some steps that can help you. Download and install Flash FXP. When starting the program you will see a window that will let you to run the setup. You have to just click on the Quick Connect to get connect to the server. Here you can provide url or the ip address of the service. You will need an account and password for the server for secure login and then only you can access your account or else your login will fail.

FTP is an file transfer protocol which allows you to share files over lan and web. The function of ftp client is to provice you an file manager type thing which can help you easy file transfer. The configuration of ftp client in all file managers is common and easy. There is very small kind of difference that can trouble you. To configure ftp client, you just need a setup file and there is an popular file manager called Total Commander. Download this and run.

There are some kind of legal issues related to FTP file transfer. Keep clear in mind that the use is only for private copies. No legal material can be shared over web which will be termed as piracy and that can effect you. You can use Total Commander which is a shareware program or FileZilla. After you install the FileZilla FTP client, you must obtain the following information in order to connect to the server that will host your website. They are the server address and an user account to login.