Thread: Does ooVoo is an malicious software

Does ooVoo is an malicious software

I faced a tragic issue while using is ooVoo tool. This is tool which is used for video chatting and when I installed this software I faced issue of ads popups and viruses. When I installed this I found an unknown services that is running in the background and eating up my processes. I also got popups of toolbars which my brother installed accidentally and screwed the entire system. I will recommend not to use such kind of software which screws your system.

Re: Does ooVoo is an malicious software

You might need to know about malware. Such applications are directly associated with it. This applications lies in your system and infects the same. It is an common term used to refer to any software specifically designed to cause damage to a single computer, server or computer network. Malware is a broad category of software. They are installed without your permission, and affect the performance of your computer. The most common types of malware are Trojans, worms and viruses. You must get rid of this tools and scan your system for the same.

It can be a Trojan. But if the tool is from official sources then you will never face the issues. It can be kind of a malicious program that is used by an attacker to gather information. But the tool which you suggested is a nice and I had use the same. It is possible that you are using it from torrent or it is pirated. This can cause destruction or modification of your computer which can result in malfunctioning. Remove it and run system restore to older date that when you installed ooVoo.

It is right that such malicious programs often penetrate to the computer via the Internet or by e-mail. They are just installed in your system for infection. But remembers that ooVoo is a free tool and there can be some kind of application that come with it. If you make a mistake in the URL address or accidentally click on a certain link, you can get to dangerous sites with with bad content or malware. Those pop ups can be result of infection.

There are certain symptoms which directly result in infection. Like continuous pop-ups, falling of systems performance or even redirection of your web browser. If you are facing this three of them then you need to restore your old settings. Malware affect the normal functioning of the system, which could lead to denial of service, replacement of data and decrease the network bandwidth. Better run an antivirus scan under safe mode and check back.

I will recommend to suspend any kind of activity which involves the user of user names, passwords or any kind of registration support. You can use any better anti-virus software to protect your system from potential online threats. Make sure your antivirus software updated, scans your computer and remove all programs that are identified as malicious. Often in a hurry you can casually read a pop-up message that contains incorrect information about the end of scan and detection of malware.