Thread: how to restore .INF file for McAfee Security

how to restore .INF file for McAfee Security

hii friends I have just returned from a trip to Goa with my friends and was astonish to see that my brother has installed Mc Afee anti-virus on it , I was very disappointed that I just formatted my pc and I thought I would install a paid anti-virus program once I returned home back. But in the mean –time he installed this anti-virus, now whenever I try to install it, it gives me many error some of are .inf file missing? Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Re: how to restore .INF file for McAfee Security

I think your brother has not purchased that anti-virus from their official site or he may just have downloaded it from any spam sites online. So I guess here is the problem, such anti-virus when downloaded from such site have corrupted files or virus in them , so the movement they get a hint that you are installing them , there start responding to your actions. So there is no way you could fix this. I hope I was not harsh on you.

You can try removing it by uninstalling it from the windows adds or remove directory. You can reach here by clicking on your start button on Windows Xp (I just hope you are using windows xp ) and then go to control panel by clicking on settings after that move on to Add and remove directory for removing it . You might be unable to uninstall it by using some third party programs, so I guess this would help you out.

You can always try the manual way if none of the programs or utilities work, they are the best way to get rid of virus and uninstalling the programs. There are many programs and utilities that just partially remove a program and leave the other files of the same program on your disk. Hence this leads to other problems with may them be linked to other things. But remember that manual uninstalling very dangerous in the hands of a fresher or a layman. Because he may end up deleting a file that is vital for a system to run.

I guess, it your previous sins that have caused you the problems. I think you have tried to un –install it before and that has caused you the problems. I partial un-install never leads to complete un-installation of a software. it s seems that you have tried to un-install that previously which deleted the file genuinely and somehow somebody stopped the un-installation program and then you again started it and know Mc afee need s it deleted .inf file which is very difficult to get. Sorry for your problem

Hey, mate I think I have a solution for you, I think you should know this; you can never uninstall a product while it’s running. So I guess you should first try to stop the Mc Afee anti-virus that is running and then try uninstalling it using the same procedure that is provided by a user above. That is by going through control panel and then add or remove program.I hope this help you out as I used the same procedure for uninstalling my buggy Norton anti-virus.

Hey friends thank you very very much the mate !!! your solution worked for me I just installed Reg seeker and then played it off after that I rebooted my computer and then what I was was that all the junk was gone. I mean this was a very handy tool by someway i couldnt use msconfig and my messages reserved preliminary on bootups even although it was set not to except now my problem is solved .