Thread: Windows XP crashed after scanning the system with Bitdefender

Windows XP crashed after scanning the system with Bitdefender

My desktop computer is running Windows XP Operating System. I have installed Bitdefender antivirus in my system to scan my computer and keep it protected from Virus attacks. But when I was scanning my system yesterday, I faced this very bad problem which brought my system to a complete stand still now. While scanning the system with Bitdefender, I don’t know what occurred and my Windows XP system crashed and showed the Blue Screen of Death. Can anyone explain me what must have caused this problem, and what should I do now to get over the issue? Please help me.

Re: Windows XP crashed after scanning the system with Bitdefender

According to me the issue has arise because your computer system is under some virus attack which might have corrupted the system files of your computer system. And if you had select the option of “Delete when detected” when your Bitdefender detected any infectious files, then it might be possible that your Bitdefender ended up deleting some of your system files. Deletion of your system files cause your Windows XP to crash and thus showing the Blue screen error.

The only solution to get your system back to working condition is to reinstall the Windows XP operating system in your desktop computer. And from next time please make sure that you are always keeping your antivirus updated so that your system is always kept protected for daily coming new viruses. And after installing the Bitdefender in your new Windows XP OS, please change the settings from “Delete when found” to “Ask me for the action” when your antivirus is detecting any suspicious files in your system.

According to me the problem can also be with your hard disk. So most probably, you should also check out the hard disk. It might had happen that your hard disk must have crashed which crashed your Windows XP as well. You should take help of some technical person inorder to find where the exact problem existed. If the issue was with your hard disk then no use reinstalling or repairing your Windows XP, because again you won’t be able to run new Windows installed in your system. If the hard disk has got damaged, then you will have to get a new one.

Sorry for providing you guys incomplete information in my very first post. I did not mention that I have got two OS in my system, Windows XP and Linux. The partition containing the Linux seems to be working as I am able to run the Linux in my system, but facing the issue with the Windows XP. Thank you for your posts. They were very nice and helpful. But I don’t wish to reinstall the Windows XP in my system as that will remove all the installed applications from my system and I don’t wish to lose them. Does anyone have got any other alternative solution for my issue?

If you are able to start your system then I would suggest you to scan your system using the BItdefender Rescue CD and try to fix the issue. And if still the issue exists then most probably you would have to install the Windows OS in your system again. Make sure that you are performing the installation if you have good knowledge on how to actually do it. If you don’t have any knowledge about the same then please take help of a professional to install the OS in your system.