Thread: Got virus while surfing even when Bitdefender was installed

Got virus while surfing even when Bitdefender was installed

I am using Bitdefender antivirus on my computer in order to get protected from several malwares on my computer. I purchased this antivirus software as it was recommended by many of my friends. I was not knowing that it is very week antivirus as I got virus on my computer while I was surfing over internet. Even after paying for this antivirus it didn’t function properly and thus I got virus on my computer. So what shall I do now to make this antivirus to function properly?

Re: Got virus while surfing even when Bitdefender was installed

The antivirus programs are programmed to detect all the malwares on your computer. If it is installed on your computer then it functions properly if it is running. It is able to detect any virus if that particular service of the antivirus is running on your computer. While you were surfing over internet then I guess this service would not be running properly and therefore that antivirus would have entered on your computer. So don’t try to disable the antivirus, always keep it running on your computer.

If the virus has been entered on your computer then probably you can remove that virus from your computer. Just perform a deep scan for your whole computer and then it would detect all possible virus that are inside on your computer, so just remove all of them. If by performing scan doesn’t detect virus then you should first update your antivirus software, so that it gets all the update files which makes it possible to detect any virus throughout your computer.

I would explain you that the antivirus software doesn’t function or detect a virus, if it is not aware of it actually. There are several coders or you can say hackers who develop new virus daily and spread it throughout the computer. Similarly antivirus companies also try to update their database files so that their antivirus product detects all possible viruses. So just ensure that you daily update your antivirus to get rid of newly spread virus over internet.

There are chances that the antivirus is not able to detect some virus because some virus is coded such that they stay inside the system invisibly. Here don’t get worried about this as there is no such thing which could not be solved and same in this case also. You can detect such virus on your computer by going to safe mode and here this virus would be detected and thus you need to simply remove that virus from your computer and again boot with normal mode.

There are many websites which are infected ones. So I always say that one should not visit any unauthorized websites which you are not aware about. Some person who intends to infect someone’s computer then they just link up that harmful file to these websites, if you visit such link then that virus gets inside your computer and infects all your system files, also they duplicate themselves very quickly thus it leads to more infection.

If you are not satisfied with your current antivirus software then you can switch to some other antivirus so that it detects the entire virus from your computer. There are many such programs for which you can go, also there are some online scanners which scans the virus from your computer, but it needs an internet connection if you want to perform online scan. It detects the entire virus as these internet scanners are well updated and probably would remove such virus.