Thread: Windows 7 indexing incompatible with Bitdefender 2011

Windows 7 indexing incompatible with Bitdefender 2011

I’d like to report a compatibility issue with BitDefender Internet Security 2011 and Windows 7 Premium 32-bit. I experienced this issue that was not there with Bitdefender 2010. After installing BitDefender Internet Security 2011, I noticed my Windows Indexing File search function had stopped up completely. Windows could not index the files in all, though it would show that it was "indexing - 0 files completed." I removed BitDefender Antivirus 2011 and found that Windows 7 indexing / searching - effectively reactivated. If you could please help that would be more beneficial for all BitDefender customers, which is experiencing the problem.

Re: Windows 7 indexing incompatible with Bitdefender 2011

Yes, this issue has been reported to BD. Until a everlasting solution is released, I found that there is no need to completely uninstall BD. Temporarily disable the antivirus module and rebuild the index allows the index file to be built correctly. Then turn the antivirus module of new Windows search function properly. From rebuilding the index file can be time consuming depending on the number of files from being indexed, I installed the Indexer Status gadget that allocates me to temporarily speed up indexing priority.

I have the same problem with Windows 7 Search index once decline Antivirus 2011 is installed. I uninstalled BD and re-index and re-install BD hoping it was a mistake in the initial installation. Unfortunately, since I reinstalled BD no latest data has been indexed. A time to turn off the antivirus service will not index any new product automatically as I expected and I do not want to re-index each time you enter a new contact name in Outlook.

You are right, new files may or may not be indexed properly with the A / V ignition module. Moreover, as he discovers, just off the A / V module does not come back and pick up new files in the index. At the moment the only solution I've found is to periodically change the A / V module and rebuild the index. Then change the A / V module again. Using Status indexer gadget that I posted above really speeds up the indexing and decreases the total time it takes. Of course, YMMV depending on your PC and the number of files to be indexed.

Interestingly, had to totally remove BD to Win7 to index correctly. The difference may be that you are using and I'm using BDAV BDTS. That may be an important distinction for developers to find BD to investigate the matter. More tracks can be given, the better. Not that this is no consolation, but I can say that BD is the only major security software that have this problem. I read about this same issue in other forums.

The same problem with BD Antivirus 2011. I disabled the antivirus module as described above and also tried the gadget, without the possibility of a new index file. The index service is running and trying to create new files, but does not put any files in the index. I've tried many times but every time the file counter in the index remains at zero. The last time I let it run 5 hours on the gadget service was started, but the counter remains zero. The antivirus module deactivated course. I hope there will be a solution to this problem in the near future.

The topic of indexing is already a Climbing and a solution will be released soon. To solve this problem you can change the file name in bdselfpr.sys bdselfpr.old the Windows installation folder in safe mode. They must also turn off automatic updates and product update first rename the file back and the question bdselfpr.sys bdselfpr happen again. I hope trying this may solve your problem.