Thread: Bitdefender 2011 is not installing in Windows XP SP3

Bitdefender 2011 is not installing in Windows XP SP3

I recently downloaded the new Bitdefender 2011 for my system which I running Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) after reading and viewing good review about the same on Internet and from friends as well. After downloading the setup file, I tried to install the Bitdefender in my system, but was totally unable to complete the installation process. Restarted my system and tried installing again, but still unable to do so. Does anyone know what must be causing this issue? Why I am unable to install Bitdefender in my PC? What I should do to make it work? Please help!!

Re: Bitdefender 2011 is not installing in Windows XP SP3

Assuming that you have downloaded the file from Internet, it might be possible that you might have downloaded some corrupt file and that is why you are unable to complete the setup. So, I would suggest you to search for Bitdefender on Internet and download the working file from the official website of Bitdefender. It is for sure you won’t be getting any sort of corrupt file from the official website. Make sure that you are downloading the setup for Windows XP/Vista/7 only and not any other OS.

The setup file which you have downloaded in your system might be perfect, but the problem might be occurring while you installing the application. The issue might also arise due to the compatibility issue between different programs which you have already installed in your system and the program you are trying to install. If you have already installed some another Antivirus or antispyware software in your system, then it can be possible that they might be causing the issue, so disable them and then try to install the Bitdefender in your system.

You are unable to install the Bitdefender because the user through which you have logged in to your system might not be having enough rights to install any application or something like that. You can install the application after logging into the administrators account or from any other account which have got rights similar to the admin account. Ask your admin user to install Bitdefender from his account, as this will surely make it possible to install the program into your system.

Thank you, guys for your assistance. It was very kind of you to do so. I read all the comments and performed each one after another. I made sure that the setup is downloaded from the official website of Bitdefender, checked for compatibility issues but nothing found. Also as I am the only user in my computer, I am the administrator of the system, but still I am unable to install the software in my system. I am getting some message saying the “Can’t continue to install as I am not an administrator”. But I am unable to get what makes bitdefender pop the message. Please help me..!

You should possibly contact Bittorrent for more assistance regarding this issue. They will provide you with the perfect guidance regarding the issue. I think, you will be requiring editing some of the registry entries inorder to make it possible for you to install the Bitdefender application in your Windows XP SP3 running system. Right-click the setup and run it as administrator and check if it is working well or not. This problem seems to be very common among bitdefender users.

The solution for your issue is to first make sure that you have installed the latest Windows Installer in your system, which is Windows Installer 4.5. Once you have installed the Windows Installer 4.5, please disable the options to check for the driver signing. Follow the below steps for the same:
    • Right-click on My Computer.
    • Navigate to Properties > Hardware tab > Drivers > Driver Signing.
    • Click Ignore