Thread: Bitdefender denies access to few software

Bitdefender denies access to few software

Hello people, please help me. I recently installed Bitdefender antivirus in my Toshiba laptop which has got Windows 7 OS.The antivirus seems to be working very well. But I have noticed I issue which started occurring after I installed the Bitdefender application in my system. I installed a company software in my system and it requires internet to access the equipments provided by the company for their service and configurations etc through the Internet Explorer. But after installing the Bitdefender antivirus, I am unable to access the software. Can anyone explain why is this happening and how I can actually overcome the issue?

Re: Bitdefender denies access to few software

According to me you should possible start from scratches. Uninstall the Bitdefender which you have installed in your system. Make sure that you are performing clean uninstall by removing all the instance and files related to the Bitdefender which you had installed in your laptop. Once done with this, download the Bitdefender for your system again and install by running it from the administrator’s account. Make sure that you are not getting any error while you installing the antivirus.

I feel that there is some kind of problem with the Internet Explorer which you are using to access that particular software. So, I would suggest you to first clear the cache files and then check if the problem gets solved or not. If still facing the issue then try uninstalling the internet Explorer and reinstall it in your system. If the problem still exist then you should possibly try to access the particular software by using some another web browser. You can try the Mozilla Firefox, or Opera for the same.

There might be two possibilities behind this issue.
    1. The software which you are trying to access through internet might be containing some files which is considered as corrupt or infectious by the Bitdefender and that is why the antivirus is denying access to the software. OR
    2. There might be some settings done in your Bitdefender which is blocking you to access the software. So you should go to the settings panel of Bitdefender and check out for any such thing. Check the firewall settings for the same. If found any, change them and check for the result.

Thank you all for your time and effort. I did what you guys have mentioned in your suggestions, but nothing seems to be doing the trick for my system.. Uninstalled/reinstalled the Bitdefender antivirus in my system, even reinstalled the Internet Explorer but nothing worked. Then, I tried another browser but still nothing helped. I am really frustrated with this now. The only thing that is working is, uninstalling the antivirus from the system. But I don’t wish to do so. Please give me alternative solution.

The problem might be occurring because of some of your Bitdefender’s modules. So, I would suggest you to disable the modules (RTP,AVC, IDS and Firewall) and check out for the occurrence of the problem. If you find the issue to be completely solved, then it is for sure some of the modules are the sole reason behind the blocking of the software. Now find which module is specifically causing the problem. You can find that by disabling each module one at a time and checking out the result.

Check out whether the AVC/IDS is causing the issue or not. To do so I would suggest you to locate the mdsettings.xml file in the following path:
    C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\Settings\mdsettings.xml. Modify the content of the file in Windows Safe Mode to the below code:
    Code:
    <midas>
        <settings>
            <status>0</status>
            <status_ids>0</status_ids>
            <level_ids>3</level_ids>
            <silent>1</silent>
            <prev>1</prev>
            <threshold>80</threshold>
            <timeout>67</timeout>
        </settings>
        <aggressive>
            <status>0</status>
            <threshold>40</threshold>
        </aggressive>
        <default>
            <status>0</status>
            <threshold>50</threshold>
        </default>
        <permissive>
            <status>0</status>
            <threshold>80</threshold>
        </permissive>
        <apps_blacklist />
        <apps_whitelist />
    </midas>
    Once edited, save the file and restart your system.