Thread: Causing slow internet and freezing effects after installing Bitdefender on my computer

Causing slow internet and freezing effects after installing Bitdefender on my computer

I am using windows 7 operating system on my computer and I installed Bitdefender internet security 2011 on my computer. After installing I am having several problems with it. The very first is that my computer freezes and I am not able to do then just I have to restart my PC. Then I have also observed that my internet is also going slow and thus I cannot surf properly, and also utorrent doesn’t work properly. So what is the main problem which is happening on my computer?

Re: Causing slow internet and freezing effects after installing Bitdefender on my computer

If you are having windows operating system and if it is having minimal service pack, then most probably you need to update that. Basically you can choose windows update in order to get all the needed files which are the supported files for this Bitdefender internet security. This problem usually occurs as this Bitdefender security 2011 is a newer version and thus your operating system even needs the system support files in order to work with this protection software.

Re: Causing slow internet and freezing effects after installing Bitdefender on my computer

I am too receiving the errors and also facing the same problems similar to you and thus I have searched lot to get the solution but it didn’t really help me. So here I expect someone to get the solution for this problem and help us to solve for the same. As you told I have tried to update my windows using automatic updates, but I am not able to update and I don’t know why this happening is. Hoping for quicker solutions from you all.

If the firewall is enabled on your internet security then I guess this is the reason which is blocking the windows update on your computer. So for that you have to check whether is there any block list created on your firewall and also whether it is having something saying windows update then definitely this is blocking the update, so try to remove that from Bitdefender firewall, else you can do is disable your firewall and definitely you can update your window by doing this.

As you are getting all these problems on your computer after installing Bitdefender, so there is some problem with this software itself. If the needed files are not installed on your computer then it would not function properly. So better is that you reinstall the Bitdefender internet security and then look for the problem. I hope doing these things would resolve all the problems of freezing, slow internet and you could use this software very well.

Bitdefender is causing many problems, and you could find this, just search our forums for Bitdefender threads and you would know that there are several users causing the problems using Bitdefender. I recommend you to use some other internet security software as these security software’s are not having much problems like the one this is having. You can try to check whether you are having same problem by restoring the system using system restore in windows.

I am in favor with the previous mentioned answer and just notice if that is effective for you. That would help you and even you can try out one thing in order to fix the slow internet problem on your computer. So just open your browser and undo the Antiphishing option from there. Then you need to go to your Bitdefender home screen and then from expert view you need to remove check of scan web traffic and certain options which you think you never need. So have a try for this and check for the problem still exists.