Thread: Getting errors after Installing Bitdefender internet security 2011 in windows

Getting errors after Installing Bitdefender internet security 2011 in windows

I am having laptop which runs windows 7 operating system. Recently I have installed Bitdefender internet security 2011 on my laptop and when the installation just finished, I restarted my laptop and after booting windows gave lots of errors. Even I observed that when I try to download any file from internet or try to copy any file then I get a message saying no more files. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to resolve the same.

Re: Getting errors after Installing Bitdefender internet security 2011 in windows

You can know why this problem is happening by posting a log file over Bitdefender forums. For this you need to follow some steps. First of all remove internet cable and then navigate through the Bitdefender installed directory, then run the supporttool file within administrator rights, and as this process runs let it complete its task and then you would find a file on your desktop, just post that file over here or official site and after analyzing this, you could get the solution for this.

Re: Getting errors after Installing Bitdefender internet security 2011 in windows

You can try some steps in order to get rid of these errors which you are getting while booting with windows. So just open Bitdefender security application and then select expert view from the top of the window in order to configure advanced settings. Then navigate to update module and there you need to deselect the option for enable update sharing and also the upload Bitdefender files. Then just click on ok in order to apply theses settings.

Many of my friends told me to have Bitdefender antivirus for my computer. I was not using any antivirus program on my computer and even I was surfing lot on internet, so I just installed in my computer having windows 7 operating system and exactly same as you I also got these errors. Then I just switched to Kaspersky antivirus and then I was not getting any errors on my computer. So I recommend even you to switch to some other antivirus which would probably not give you any error.

If you are having windows 7 operating system with a minimal version i.e. the one with basic service pack, then I guess the internet security that you are installing on that might not be compatible with this OS. So in order to remove the error that you are getting on your windows just uninstall this software. If you still want to use internet security then either updates your windows by performing windows update, so that it gets necessary support for this and probably you would be able to use this without getting any errors.

I know there is some bug with Bitdefender internet security protection software. The problem here can be if you have modified some hardware changes on your computer. You might also need to change some registry settings in order to get this software work well on your laptop. You can go to Bitdefender support site and find then needed settings to configure to get rid of these error messages. Also try to reinstall this application and check whether the same errors arise again.