Thread: Bitdefender making my Computer very slow, almost stop

Bitdefender making my Computer very slow, almost stop

I had switched to a new antivirus. I was using AVAST before. It was a free edition. Then I got a nice discount on Bitdefender Internet Security 2011. So I purchased a one year license. I removed avast and install Bitdefender. After update the antivirus scanned my system and located a few threats. I thought this will work really well. But there is a new problem. My system is working very slow. It is really hard to do anything on it. What should I do to fix the issue.

That is weird. The antivirus does not slow down your system. I think you are not having enough ram in your system due to which you are facing this slow issue. Adding a single ram stick is going to help you more in fixing the problem. I got this issue when I installed Norton in my pc. My system was really slow. I had added a 1GB ram over existing 512MB and system looks to be working fine.

You can try to disable some options from the antivirus to make your system work faster. There are chances that there are some other applications in your system which is eating up the resources and making your system slow. You can try removing them through control panel > add/remove program. You can try using Process Explorer. It is a nice tool that gives you detailed information about each and every service working in your system.