Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2011

The Antiphising Toolbar is slowing the browser

I have Firefox v4 and Bitdefender internet security and I also have Antiphising toolbar v2.0 because of this my browser has slowed down. I don?t know what the reason but I doubt apone the tool bar, it is because of it my browser has slowed down. I am telling so because when I disable the tool bar and start my browser again it works fine without any issue. Please help me out and tell me some solution about this so that everything works fine.
Old 11-06-2011

Re: The Antiphising Toolbar is slowing the browser

I think there is compatibility issue between the BitDefender, Firefox and the Antiphishing toolbar. It may be because of this that your browser has slowed down. First of all browsing with Firefox leads to eating up the RAM. If the Firefox is not properly downloaded and if it has some files missing than it will not work properly and leading it to the slow process. So I think you need to update all the three things so that all work hand in hand.
Old 11-06-2011

I also had the same issue with the firefox and I also had the Antiphishing toolbar installed with me. My browser also use to get slow down when the Antiphishing toolbar was enabled and it worked fine when it was disabled, so I decided to remove the toolbar but then I searched on the internet and did some research and development for this kind of fault. Then I updated the Bitdefender and checked it out and everything was fine.
Old 11-06-2011

Yes exactly I think it is the compatibility issue with the antivirus and no other issues are there. Because I asked to others who don?t have the Bitdefender installed but are using the Antiphishing toolbar and Firefox. They are using it without any issue so the problem is with Bitdefender and nothing else. So I updated the Bitdefender two days back and now it is working fine till now. So the update of Bitdefender has solved the compatibility issue.
Old 11-06-2011

Hello friends, what?s going on these days? Is everything and everyone fine? I am here with the bad news for all the guys. I also thought that it was an antivirus issue so I also updated it initially it worked fine for me but now it?s the same situation as before. Now again every time i start the Firefox with the toolbar enabled it gets freeze up so the issue is still unknown and I think the antiphishing toolbar is not supportable for the same. I am telling this because when I remove the toolbar and restart the Firefox again then everything runs properly
Old 12-06-2011

No I don?t think that there will be any issue with the antiphishing toolbar. I have used this tool bar for long period of time and I have not encountered any problem with it. But would like to say that it was an Bitdefender issue. Is was compatibility issue they also have accepted that and have solved the issue in their new update. Automatic update will solve your issues.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,