Thread: Does Windows firewall is an trusted for basic security

Does Windows firewall is an trusted for basic security

For a new system we get an regular trail version software of Norton or any other and Windows Firewall. This are the basic security support we receive on any new branded system. Now if the antivirus trail expires then does Windows firewall can be trusted enough to deal with the current situation. That means does it is enough for security. If yes then I need some of the help with port blocking and its functionality.

Re: Does Windows firewall is an trusted for basic security

I will advice you to use an additional tool along with Windows firewall. According to me it is not enough for the same. I am using Norton Internet Security which you can not compare with the Windows Firewall. There are some disadvantage of both but still the most thing that matter is security. Norton tend to eat more system resources in comparison to regular firewall but it is safer. Personally, I consider this virus scanner on the PC. It has an IP packet filter support which can help you to stay away from online threads.

What I think is that for a normal user a firewall is not necessary since they usually do not have fixed IPs. Each time when they go online again, at least every 24 hours due to a technical failure or any other reason a new IP is assigned. A good virus scanner is sufficient more here. However for more safety I advise Norton products. For low system resource eating you can go for like Kaspersky or Panda.

There is no need of much worry if your antivirus expire. There is an firewall in the router itself. For just firewalls I recommend Agnitum Outpost. Stay away from Norton firewall and Aluria, these really bring nothing but problems. There are number of reason behind them. As far as I have understood the WinXP SP3 Firewall has no directional control property which is provided in the recent operating systems. They had made much better and secure.

The Windows firewall only monitors incoming information to our PC. But if you already have installed a Trojan that sends information from our PC's firewall will not help us detect. So the matter passes through this detail. As you use relatively dangerous programs like p2p it is recommended that you get from a third party firewall. Such can be a scenario with any operating system new or old. It depends on your choice what you want in your system.

I still think the best firewall is AtGuard because it is small and manageable and web content such as advertising, referrers and cookies filters. Norton Internet Security is unfortunately only as a resource-intensive, confusing to refer to something which also costs money. I recommend Kaspersky Internet Security. Do not just keep Windows firewall as only the secure option for your system. You might get issue after wards with this.