Thread: Internet got slow using Bitdefender 2011

Internet got slow using Bitdefender 2011

I am using windows 7 64bit operating system and recently I installed Bitdefender antivirus pro on my computer. Before this I was using Avira antivirus and I was not having any problem with it. Thus with Bitdefender antivirus my internet got slow, using this antivirus I am not having any other problem, my system is running properly. So I am not able to figure out exact cause due to which this problem is occurring. So help me getting the solution for this.

Re: Internet got slow using Bitdefender 2011

In order to remove these problems just follow the following steps.
    1. First of all you need to open Bitdefender and then select Expert View from the top of that window.
    2. After that to you need to navigate to the Antivirus tab.
    3. Just press the Custom Level button and here you need to uncheck the scan web traffic.
    After this just close the window and restart the computer so that the changes would be applied and I guess it would solve the problem of slow internet.

The solution given above should work as I have found that these steps help in getting back our normal internet speeds. I would like to add few more options here if you are still facing the problem although tried for the above solution. When you navigate through the above mentioned steps then there you need to look for the search advisor option and then just disable it. After applying these settings I guess that problem would get resolved.

You can try for more things to look that by trying out these things you are getting normal internet speed. You can try to disable the Antiphishing; you can find this module on your browser. Also try to disable the AVC as well as IDS module by going to advance settings. Also check that all your internet settings are proper, also reset your modem or unplug the internet cable and plug it properly again. So I hope this would work and would give your proper internet connection.

This problem usually causes if you are having more antivirus software’s on your computer. As you were having Avira antivirus, so check that this antivirus have been uninstalled from your computer. Also I have found that most of the users keep antispyware as well antimalware software’s on their computer, but this is totally wrong, one should not have as many utilities in the computer. So in this case I would suggest you that remove all such utilities if you are having such on your computer.

Yes probably even I have found that this problem is due to the use of several protection utilities. So in order to solve the problem just uninstall these software’s. Just remove all these programs from add/remove programs and after this install only the recommended or needed protection software which you want for your computer and just look that the problem gets solved.