Thread: Replication of data in AIR with MSDP in NBU 7.1

Replication of data in AIR with MSDP in NBU 7.1

When duplicating data from one storage domain to another domain with AIR. AIR is the data Re-hydrated in flight to the destination storage domain, or does it remain reduplicated when it transferred? The first full duplication between the two sites will transfer roughly the data associated with a full backup, but what happens with succeeding full backups? What will be happen if the schedule is a full backup with 6 differentials, but one of the differentials doesn’t duplicate to the second domain, what will be the size of the data duplicated to make a full backup at the second site?

Re: Replication of data in AIR with MSDP in NBU 7.1

Since MSDP (media server reduplication pool) is only storage type that support the A.I.R. at this time. Now if u r using MSDP for A.I.R at this time only the reduplicated data will be replicated. In this only reduplicated data goes through wan. The schedule type which is an optional element does not really matter in this case. After the full backup, whether you are replicating another full or differential, the pieces of data not present at the target alone. It will transmit through WAN. I think from these given information u will be satisfied.

First I want to say that A.I.R Available I all open storage program. It’s depended upon person or partner how they want to use replication in their calls. Let’s consider that there are two sites first one is Source and second one is Target with three files AB, CD and BC, where each letter represent the unique block segment or fingerprint. Now I back up BC on SOURCE and replicate/duplicate to TARGET using AIR. Since on SOURCE side u already have AB backed-up and on Target side u have BC backs up file. The backup operation would only write segment C to disk on the SOURCE side and only send segment B over the WAN to the TARGET side. There are multiple media servers on the TARGET and SOURCE side and MSDP is being used.

If we running the replication job it’s also depend upon the window job also. In this if the job of replication does not end until the certain time the according to the window configuration the NBU can automatically restarts or it become pause. Now suppose there is site A which is a Source and the site B which is a Target and they are doing communication between each other. Now if the communication between them lost then it will become restore.

Here I also wish to say something about this. When we sending the duplicating data from one domain to another domain at that time it will be replicate. if target means where we send the data already segmented at that time it will not send again , it will only happen if u r using the MDSP for A.I.R. In this original data never going to transmit through WAN. I hope the given information will help you.