Thread: Does Windows 2008 R2 SP1 supports ITMS 7.1

Does Windows 2008 R2 SP1 supports ITMS 7.1

I want to confirm that is there any fix for Altris 7.1 on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for using Internet Explorer 9. I had run the setup and on the same I found a message on the screen saying that Internet Explorer 7 or 8 is required. I had upgraded my browser to Internet Explorer 9 for some security issues. Now downgrading simply is an waste more time if there is an fix for this. Right now there is not much support provided the same for the new web browser. What to do here.

Re: Does Windows 2008 R2 SP1 supports ITMS 7.1

First it is right that ITMS 7.1 SP1 will support Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. There is no doubt in that. But still there is some fix due and that will be out in the coming time. For the web browser support you will need to wait more. It is has been found that Internet Explorer 9 support might be added to this in the end of coming year. So for that till the time being you can switch to the older version. There is no much different. As the update comes the you can directly switch to the latest version.

That is right, I had too found the same solution for the same. I got Internet Explorer 9 by default and the same issue occur at my setup also. Right now you might still not be able to work with Client Management Suite even if you have a fix for Windows Server 2008 SP1. So simply do not waste your time in the same. So if you are preparing to configure a new server do consider the requirements of what you need and what you not.

Currently only Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8 will only work. It is not possible to run an higher browser for the same. I had searched on various site for the fix and support but most of the site refer to switch to older browser currently. There is not yet any update also provided on the same. Better look for proper updates only and do not run any fix that can affect your current server configuration. And according to me it really does not matters to use an older version of browser.

Does ITMS 7.1 is released or not. If yes then go and test the same with beta version. At start point you can run some kind of test to figure out the actual issue behind the same. I found that there is an requirement for the same to run Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit only. Along with this you will need support for SQL on-box or off-box within SQL 2005 or SQL 2008. So better go for detailed requirement before getting for the setup.

I too agree for the same. I found the same requirements for that. Something which I want to share that the new IT Management Suite will consume more disk space due to newer additions. For the browser you can give a try by running compatibility mode. Internet Explorer 8 has an option for the same to open some sites under Internet Explorer 7 compatibility mode. Just give an try for the same. It is also possible to run Internet Explorer 8 with Notification Server 6.0.