Thread: Where can I find Quarantine files in Windows 7, and how can I delete them?

Where can I find Quarantine files in Windows 7, and how can I delete them?

I am using Windows 7 64-bit operating system for my pc. It was working just fine when recently I encountered some problem. So, my friend suggested of Microsoft Security Essentials. I checked its review and fond it an effective Antivirus protection and decided to install it. After installation, I performed a Quick Scan and it found a severe threat and quarantined it. As, I don’t know anything about them, I am not sure what they are. So, I just wanted to know that where I can find them? Is it safe to delete them? And how can I delete them? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Re: Where can I find Quarantine files in Windows 7, and how can I delete them?

I also encountered the same problem when I was using my Microsoft Security Essentials. I tried to search on the internet for some solutions. This is what I found:
    • First, open your Microsoft Security Essentials.
    • Now, click on the History tab.
    • You will find the files which were quarantined and see what type of threat it is.
    • Now, you can decide for yourself, what action is to be taken.
    • If you want to delete them, then just click on the Delete button. It will delete all the files which were quarantined.

Hope this helps.

Quarantined threats are not much of a major issue but it is necessary to get rid of them so as to keep your pc free of any possible threats. I didn’t know much about of them too, so I just tried to find a solution myself. This is what I did and yes it worked for me.
    1. Go to your Microsoft Security Essentials and click on the History tab.
    2. Now, choose “Quarantined items”.
    3. You will find a option named, “Remove All”. Click on that button.

This will let you get rid of all Quarantined threats present in your pc. Once, you have deleted the Quarantined files, you can view all related details about the threats by looking at the “deleted item” , in the same section. This way you will have the confirmation that the Quarantined files have been deleted from your pc.

I had the same problem of the files being quarantined by Microsoft Security Essentials. So, I tried to find them in the History tab. But couldn’t find them in there, and I was not sure if they were deleted from my pc. So, I tried to find to solutions on the internet and I found this solution:

• You can check this folder to find the quarantined items: \Program Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Quarantine.
    • Once, you find the quarantined files you can delete them manually if you want.

I hope this helps.